Hip-Hop Purists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Dre's first single from Detox was released a few days ago. Beat=sick, but I wish Nate Dogg were on it rather than Akon.

YouTube - Dr. Dre - Kush ft. Snoop Dogg & Akon (FIRST SINGLE OFF DETOX) *NEW 2010*

Ha, what is this? This is not the song, and it's absolutely horrible. Whoever does that verse two minutes into the song is one of the worst rappers I've ever heard.

EDIT: Found the real song -

YouTube - [HQ] Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg & Akon - Kush [NEW HOT HIP HOP MUSIC 2010]

Alright, that little mix up is the funniest thing that's happened on Interference in a while.

Ashley, you get a pass. But LeMel, it might be quite some time before I stop giving you shit for that.

RED WlNE!

GAGA!

Ha, what is this? This is not the song, and it's absolutely horrible. Whoever does that verse two minutes into the song is one of the worst rappers I've ever heard.

EDIT: Found the real song -

YouTube - [HQ] Dr. Dre feat. Snoop Dogg & Akon - Kush [NEW HOT HIP HOP MUSIC 2010]

What about Cassie! She posted it :lol:

WAS SHE HIGH OR SOMETHING? :panic:

The guy at two minutes sounds like the dude from Cake.

Heh. Oops. That's what I get for not checking the videos on Youtube before posting and generally sucking at life on Interference...I was fact-checking Ashley's questions about Akon and Snoop with the version I'd downloaded, which was the real one instead of the video. Apologies. Good thing GAF was here to set the record straight though.

It's also slightly possible I was high at the time. :shh:

Alright, so, name your top 5 favorite beat makers.

1. Madlib
2. Kanye West
3. Questlove
4. J Dilla
5. DJ Premier

I know Dre will end up on everyone else's list, but I'm more into east coast hip-hop anyway.

Alright, so, name your top 5 favorite beat makers.

1. Madlib
2. Kanye West
3. Questlove
4. J Dilla
5. DJ Premier

I know Dre will end up on everyone else's list, but I'm more into east coast hip-hop anyway.

I can't keep it to just five, in no particular order...

Madlib
J Dilla
Eminem
Dre
Ant
Pete Rock
DJ Premier
9th Wonder

Hip-hop likes U2.

Yelawolf said:
Like, I don’t really understand why someone wouldn’t like U2. But I went into a store, and the girl behind the desk was talking about how much she hated U2. I walked out of the store like, fuck you guys, you ignorant motherfuckers. As big as U2 is, and as much influence as they have, there’s someone talking shit! It puts it in perspective. This ain’t never going to stop, so you might as well just do what you do. Don’t worry about that.

And in case you don't know who Yelawolf is (he was featured on Big Boi's album this year)...

YouTube - Yelawolf - Pop The Trunk

yo dj aint no dj he just hit that instant replay

i don't know anything about production so i've got no idea how to do a "beatmakers" list but Prince Paul would probably be on there.

i don't know anything about production so i've got no idea how to do a "beatmakers" list but Prince Paul would probably be on there.

This confuses me. Perhaps that's just because, for me, production/beats can make or break the song, just as instrumentation could in any other genre. But, I'd be willing to bet that if you dug into the liner notes of your favorite hip-hop albums thus far, you'd see certain producers popping up more frequently than others. In other words, you probably know more than you think about hip-hop producers, Danny.

When B.o.B. goes hard, dude goes fucking hard. "Beast Mode" FTW, and I can't wait to download the mixtape he dropped this morning, No Genre, when I get home from work.

YouTube - B.o.B - Beast Mode - Video

I didn't know that he was that young! Holy fuck. He's been making Dipset/Killa beats for...at least three years, now? Maybe I'm a bit off, but I'm close. That's insanity. I don't really like him, though. I know that a chintzy kind of sound is very Dipset (and something which I really enjoy), but his beats drive me crazy--hollow, pushy, and paper-thin. Sounds like a broke-ass Clipse beat every time an araabMUZIK track comes on.

Digging this beat (actually can't remember who produced this one), but skeptical of Vado...yet another Cam'ron protege. This time from The U.N., rather than Dipset:

YouTube - Cam'Ron & Vado "Speaking In Tungs" explicit official video

Man, that's a weak video. The time stop frozen technology has been used sooooo many times in the past, including a video Dre was in like 11 years ago with Eminem (Guilty Conscience). And holding up a lighter to the emergency sprinkler so that all the hot girls with big boobs get wet? Yeahhhhhh, I liked this video better when it was called "Hot In Herre."

Also, the song is not terrible, but also not very memorable. It seems like Dre and Snoop on autopilot, which means it's still alright, but nothing great. I wish Dre would come in with another verse at the end.

Man, that's a weak video. The time stop frozen technology has been used sooooo many times in the past, including a video Dre was in like 11 years ago with Eminem (Guilty Conscience). And holding up a lighter to the emergency sprinkler so that all the hot girls with big boobs get wet? Yeahhhhhh, I liked this video better when it was called "Hot In Herre."

Also, the song is not terrible, but also not very memorable. It seems like Dre and Snoop on autopilot, which means it's still alright, but nothing great. I wish Dre would come in with another verse at the end.

I have to agree with you, especially on the frozen people thing (I'd forgotten about "Guilty Conscience," but it came back immediately when you mentioned it).

Too bad people waited 10+ years for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom