Hip-Hop Purists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like what I've heard of Danny Brown, but I'm told I have to hear this Charli XCX song, so let's do a thing.

1380777639189.png

Let's kill this bitch.

Tonight, I listened to two white college students rapping to, what I think was, "Fuck Tha Police". It was painfully embarrassing, but I was smiling the whole time because I just love NWA and college hipsters.

Drake said that he lost respect for Kendrick after the Control verse and that "I know good and well that Kendrick’s not murdering me, at all, in any platform," essentially begging him for another verse.

:corn:

Seems like Drake is in a pretty good position right now since the album he just released was a huge critical and commercial success.

And the album Kendrick dropped last year was an even bigger critical success, as well as a platinum seller. They're both doing great.

Drake should play it classy and point to the record sales, if he responds at all. Judging by that lame feud with Common, he's not up for this.

Nothing lame about great bars.

What is competition? I'm trying to raise the bar high
Who tryna jump and get it? You're better off trying to skydive
Out the exit window of 5 G5’s with 5 grand
With your granddad as the pilot he drunk as fuck trying land
With the hand full of arthritis and popping prosthetic leg
Bumpin 2Pac in the cockpit so the shit that pops in his head
Is an option of violence, someone heard the stewardess said
That your parachute is a latex condom hooked to a dread

:love: Metaphor

:love: Internal rhyme

Where's that Drake lyric comparison?

Drake should play it classy and point to the record sales, if he responds at all.

Well, yeah, there's no argument over who's the more popular rapper. It's not even close. Drake could always lean on that, but it would be lame. Popularity is a very tricky way to measure things since there are so many idiots in the world.

Maybe they could go out for a round of golf. Do a crossword puzzle together or somethin.

The fact that anyone takes Drake seriously is one of the most puzzling things in popular music.

IIRC Impy is really into that sound, so he'll probably come in here and think we're crazy.

Good album though, lots of improvement here.

I haven't even heard Old yet, which is ridiculous given my Danny adoration. So it'll be at least a few more days before I call you cats cray cray, although I'm not like some huge trap pusher or anything.

Speaking of pusher, Pusha's album is streaming and "Numbers on the Boards" is still disgustingly good. Shame about the third track featuring certified human dumpster Chris Brown though.

Pusha T's album is pretty good. Can't stop bumping Numbers on the Boards. Thank you for blessing us with another hot beat, Yeezy.

I haven't even heard Old yet, which is ridiculous given my Danny adoration. So it'll be at least a few more days before I call you cats cray cray, although I'm not like some huge trap pusher or anything.

Speaking of pusher, Pusha's album is streaming and "Numbers on the Boards" is still disgustingly good. Shame about the third track featuring certified human dumpster Chris Brown though.

speaking of... Chris Brown lost his virginity at eight, says he's like Prince, sexually speaking | Celebrity News | Holy Moly!

Pulled out some old Holocaust/warcloud tracks today along with the new R.A. The Rugged man after having to sit in my friends car blasting drake. No comparison really.

"Hold On We're Going Home" is a hot track; I haven't heard the rest of Drake's new record, though from what I've heard I've already hit the peak.

There are 4-5 really good ones on there. The rest are inferior variations on those that drift by without incident.

Rap Genius remains the best site on the internet.

Lt. Dan, is a character from the film Forest Gump, and a war injury landed him in a wheel-chair, hence he’s literally "rolling."

Danny feels something like Dan, but he's rolling off MDMA.

This is the sequel to Marshall Mathers LP.

Outsidetray-630x548.jpg

-Berzerk and Survival already suck
-Hilarious features
-There's a song called Love Game on it

Noooooooooooooooooooooo :no: :no:

If Rick Rubin shat on MCHG, I wonder what he thinks of this one. Pass.

I'd love Dr Dre to get off his arse and put Detox out but after all this time it'll probably suck.

I really can't believe how lame Survival is. I thought Berzerk was horrible, but at least it's just advertising the Beastie Boys and not a crappy video game we'll all forget about in 6 months.

But I want you to DOUBT me, I don't want you to BUH-lieve
Cause this is something that I must use to SUC-CEED
And if you don't like me then FUCK YOU!

THIS. IS. SURVIVAL OF DA FITTEEEESSSTT
THIS. IS. DO OH DIEEEEEEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom