Halloween Playlist...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The fastest I've seen their vinyl sell out was like half an hour for Drive. As long as you're on your computer Thursday F5ing between about 10 and noon CST, you'll snag one. I'd also recommend getting notifications of when @MondoNews tweets, cause it'll let you know precisely when the drop is. I've never had any difficulty at all getting their vinyl. I even got lucky and scored the most sought after variant of their Ghibli compilation.

Posters are a different game, and I actually haven't been successful in a poster drop since Mark Englert's Back to the Future over a year ago. Those things sell out much quicker, but it's the same system for landing one as it is for landing a record.

The variants are randomly inserted, so I'd recommend buying two if you're hoping to land one so as to increase your odds. You'll be able to unload any extra copies at cost on Discogs or eBay for this one without a doubt.

They'll also be selling slipmats, one of the pumpkin and one of the cover art.

Have you been to the Mondo Gallery, Impy? They seem to keep a stock of posters before they head online in store.

All the time. It's actually just a couple blocks from my place. I try to go to every show if I can, and I always pick up my posters and records in person to save shipping cost. The subject matter for the show opening Friday (Tales from the Crypt) doesn't do anything for me, so I'm not particularly interested in this one, but I'll go at some point for sure.

The posters you can buy at the gallery are the ones for whatever show they've got going, and you can buy those before they put them up online. Stuff like the Ansin Ender's Game that just dropped 20 minutes ago is online only.

All the time. It's actually just a couple blocks from my place. I try to go to every show if I can, and I always pick up my posters and records in person to save shipping cost. The subject matter for the show opening Friday (Tales from the Crypt) doesn't do anything for me, so I'm not particularly interested in this one, but I'll go at some point for sure. The posters you can buy at the gallery are the ones for whatever show they've got going, and you can buy those before they put them up online. Stuff like the Ansin Ender's Game that just dropped 20 minutes ago is online only.

Ah, I see. I'd go HAM on that Crypt/EC show if I had the funds.

The rarity of having a beautiful print rocks, but I wish they'd do cheaper re-runs of their more popular prints from their archives like standard posters.

Their day-long window for The Dark Knight Rises poster last year rocked had it not been for a piece of shit movie.

I just popped into the gallery and grabbed two of the three 45s, one for a friend. It was actually a really fun show. There is some fantastic comic book artwork up. Do check it out, YLB.

Sounds rad. EC covers hold a special place in my heart. Hopefully their gallery times coincide with my non-work hours.

I scored a Halloween OST LP, woo! I have a feeling that Mondo will be one of the worst things to happen to my financial situation.

Nice, man. I grabbed two of them in hopes of snagging a variant. I may end up getting a pumpkin slipmat for future Octobers when I go to the gallery to pick them up.

Maybe we oughta get a Mondo/pop culture art thread going in LS.

Very cool, good luck! I considered doubling up, but just got one. It was also a good experience to monitor the Twitter feed and use the website should I make an attempt at a poster sale.

Back
Top Bottom