Grizzly Bear - 'Veckatimest' - May 26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do believe I heard Grizzly Bear in a VW commercial last night. Do I have to stop liking them now?

Absolutely not.

We actually just wrapped up a discussion on the subject (and all the ramifications of "selling out") in the Random Music thread if you want to chime in.

Absolutely not.

We actually just wrapped up a discussion on the subject (and all the ramifications of "selling out") in the Random Music thread if you want to chime in.

Oh, sorry. I never go in that thread, obviously. :reject:

I can hardly blame you, although occasionally some really quality conversation sparks up amongst the silly stuff (which, let's face it, I love). Some interesting points were made on both sides of the "sell out" argument.

It actually was a quality discussion. I regret losing my shit like I did, but good Lord, even GAF stopped with the trails of cookie crumbs once it became obvious they weren't working anymore.

I didn't mean I'm against the Random thread, just that for whatever reason it doesn't occur to me to go in there. I'm not sure why - I sure don't mind silly. Anyway, I don't care that they sold a song to a commercial but I knew some people would care. It was just kind of weird hearing it last night.

I've been giving this album a few spins lately and cannot believe that I didn't unabashedly love it earlier. This is... a foreground!

How's that for a Scumbo-approved thread revival?

It's been finding its way back through my headphones a lot lately as well...it's a summertime thing. But, yeah, seriously, you didn't love it before?

"Foreground" is probably my favorite song off the album. Hearing it live was just fucking sublime. My buddy and I said before the show, "If they play 'Foreground,' we're gonna freak our shit out." Somehow we got separated during the performance, but within the first few seconds of them playing it, I got an excited text. Definitely an amazing moment and such an incredible song, both on record and live.

Hippies and Hipsters got me to break down and listen to Grizzly Bear (like that's a great band name, Deputy. I shoot Grizzlies up in Tall Trees.) and I am glad I did. Very.

It's been finding its way back through my headphones a lot lately as well...it's a summertime thing. But, yeah, seriously, you didn't love it before?

"Foreground" is probably my favorite song off the album. Hearing it live was just fucking sublime. My buddy and I said before the show, "If they play 'Foreground,' we're gonna freak our shit out." Somehow we got separated during the performance, but within the first few seconds of them playing it, I got an excited text. Definitely an amazing moment and such an incredible song, both on record and live.

For some reason, it didn't connect with me the first time that I heard it. Oh well.

That Brian Eno Discreet Music / "Foreground" mash-up is insane. I'm trying to find the perfect point to merge the two, but there may not be one.

i'm still debating about whether or not i'll go to this gig.

That Brian Eno Discreet Music / "Foreground" mash-up is insane. I'm trying to find the perfect point to merge the two, but there may not be one.

mmm. i came in here to rave about that... again/

I won't say a word about their tunes having not listened to them. But come on. Elbow.

Back
Top Bottom