Grizzly Bear - Shields

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well that's strange but enjoyable.

That Letterman performance was SO good. I watched it twice on DVR. I love them. I just love their whole sound and basically everything about them.

Did you guys hear Daniel Rossen's EP from earlier this year, Silent Hour / Golden Mile? It's really good. There are a few songs I even like more than a number of the tracks on Shields. I believe it's one of iYups favorite releases this year.

Did you guys hear Daniel Rossen's EP from earlier this year, Silent Hour / Golden Mile? It's really good. There are a few songs I even like more than a number of the tracks on Shields. I believe it's one of iYups favorite releases this year.

Yeah, I like it a lot. I wish some of those tracks had shown up on Shields in more fleshed-out versions.

For anyone who's seem them recently, do they play much from the first two albums?

The sound was a bit wonky tonight, unfortunately. Made it nearly impossible to hear any of the backing vocals, and they had the instruments (particularly bass) waaaaaaaay to loud in the mix. Still was highly entertaining, and sounded quite good. Just nowhere as near as I knew it should have been sounding. People were still having a blast. Ed actually took a picture from the stage, saying it's the first time he's ever done that, but he had to capture the moment.

EDIT: Looks like they already posted it on Facebook (see blurb underneath the pic):

1157611_10151741141634178_1309694522_n.jpg

Whoa. Salt Lake City. Over 10k people. At least 50 crowd surfers....2 bras thrown on stage....lots of moshing....basically best audience and enthusiasm ever! Thank you to the twilight series for having is and to Youth Lagoon for the epic opening set.

Utah does have one of the highest percentages of white people in the country, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sure a Grizzly Bear concert in Salt Lake only serves to highlight that statistic. :wink:

Nowhere near what you likely think it is. According to the 2012 census, White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2012 - 79.9%.

"Mute" is one of the best tracks of the year. The album is kinda hit and miss like his first one, but god damn that track and "Dropla."

Back
Top Bottom