Green Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am genuinely excited about this :up: I haven't listened to any Green Day in a long time, and to get some new material would really be something to look forward to. I wonder what we can expect from it :hmm:

Yeah... and I believe that as the release date comes closer, they'll suffer from the hype even more than U2. After all, American Idiot was one of the most succesful rock (commercial and critcs wise) albums of the decade.
To me, it's on the top 5 or 3 :)D) of this decade

I've liked Green Day since Dookie. I couldn't really give a shit who their fans are or where their logo is showing up. I just give a shit about their music which I enjoy. I'm looking forward to new music from them. I can't believe its been almost 5 years since American Idiot.

:hyper:

God, Bono said that there was no one to compete with them... there it goes. Hehe
This album seems to be amazing!

j/k... no one can beat U2... but this album seems amazing no matter what! :hyper:

So the new album comes out in May.. And a summer tour is projected! I am :hyper: for the tour for myself but mainly for my 11 yr old son who is a HUGE FAN. I plan on taking him to a show this year.. He is so excited! Sidenote: it's amazing their fan club is only 20 bucks! Wish that was the price for a certain irish band I know of..

I didn't realize there was already a Green Day thread before I had posted my own.:doh:

Anyway...

We all know the likes of Madonna, Bruce Springsteen, and Jon Bon Jovi were blasted by the GOP in the past for bashing Bush.

So why weren't Green Day criticized for bashing Bush in the lyrics for American Idiot?:confused:

Apparently a demo version of the title track leaked. If anyone knows more about this, please share.

21st Century Breakdown leaked in demo form. Its on some torrent sites. Even in demo form its a great song.

Green Day are okay. But, I heard they were supposed to have an album out last year, I guess it got pushed back.

I'm hearing the demo version of the title track now. Really good version. Me likey. Still have serious high hopes for this album to become the second best of the year.

Know Your Enemy was confirmed as the first single from the album. It's going to be released on April 20. :hyper:

I'm hearing the demo version of the title track now. Really good version. Me likey. Still have serious high hopes for this album to become the second best of the year.

I was going to download the leaked track, but when I heard the band were pissed about it, I changed my mind.

why do i have a feeling i'll get accused of right-leaning politics if i comment in this thread?

The title track is not a bad song at all, and will probably be a big hit. This reeks of another very successful album in the vein of American Idiot. Green Day will be unavoidable in '09 just like they were in '04 and '05.

Oh, my bad :wink: I only stumbled across it today, though I have to say I am quite underwhelmed by it :huh: I'm sure whatever they bring out will be a success but I dunno, I can't draw up any proper judgement through just one song - but at the moment I'm not feeling it :down:

The title track is not a bad song at all, and will probably be a big hit. This reeks of another very successful album in the vein of American Idiot. Green Day will be unavoidable in '09 just like they were in '04 and '05.

"reek" of course being the operative word? i'm hanging on to the negative connotations, as always.

It sounds like a Jesus Of Suburbia rewrite. Pleasant enough, but hardly groundbreaking.

Apparently tracklisting:

Act 1 - Heroes and Cons
  1. "Intro/21st Century Breakdown"
  2. "Know Your Enemy"
  3. "¡Viva La Gloria!"
  4. "Before the Lobotomy"
  5. "Christian's Inferno"
  6. "Last Night on Earth"
Act 2 - Charlatans and Saints
  1. "March of the Dogs"
  2. "East Jesus Nowhere"
  3. "Peacemaker"
  4. "Last of the American Girls"
  5. "¿Viva La Gloria?"
  6. "Restless Heart Syndrome"
Act 3 - Horseshoes and Handgrenades
  1. "Horseshoes and Handgrenades"
  2. "Drama Queen"
  3. "Static Age"
  4. "21 Guns"
  5. "American Eulogy"
  6. "See the Light"

• The newly-written track "Desperate" is being considered by the band for inclusion.
  • Another song, called "Murder City", has been said to be in Act 2.

Back
Top Bottom