GranDaddy (merged)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just saw the new music video for "Now It's On".

You can watch it on Realplayer. Just look at that normal thing it usually has when you open it. Go to the "music videos" section.

Make sure to check out the drummer, he has to be one of the coolest looking guys I've seen in any bands for a long time!!!!

Wow, Pitchfork gave a good review? I didnt know that was possible.

under the western highway = PRICELESS!!

I absolutely love the story telling in Everything Beautiful is Far Away

I've never heard a finer and sadder story told

u2popmofo said:
Wow, Pitchfork gave a good review? I didnt know that was possible.

I find pitchfork very reliable actually. Most of my favorite albums are given good reviews

I just personally dont like how they review albums.

I dont know, it seems like they spend too much time trying to come up with funny ways to mock the groups and albums, not enough time listening to the music and giving decent thoughts on the stuff.

www.allmusic.com is probably my favorite site for reviews.

Elvis Presley said:
indeed capt cowbell, pitchfork is very tounge in cheek in thier reviews, I find it usually quite accurate though.....

That's true actually. I've never really seen any negative reviews for stuff I like there.

:D

I'm going to go out on a limb and right out buy the CD having heard none of them.

I trust this thread. :up:

June 10 here i come :hyper:

I hope you'll like it Ali Rose!!!!! You get a :up:
If you end up liking it like I hope you will, take a look into their previous album "The Software Slump". It's a great one.

Oh Great Velvet One, they're from Modesto, California. You also get a :up:

Last edited:
Ali Rose said:
:D

I'm going to go out on a limb and right out buy the CD having heard none of them.

I trust this thread. :up:

June 10 here i come :hyper:

you wont be dissapointed, even the album cover is stunning....:drool:

Yay Grandaddy!!! :hyper: I fell in love with them when I saw them open for Pete! I talked to Jim at the Cleveland show and tried to talk to Jason (that's the keyboard/guitar/singer right??) and all I have to say is that he's a trip. lol I bought Concrete Dunes and plan on getting more of them soon....probably this week. LOVE THEM!!

Everyonce in a rare while I do something for someone that does not cause anger and hatred.

Bear, if you havent, check out their last album: "Software Slump".

Yeah, it is.

From what I've heard, Sumday is somewhat more poppy than Software Slump was. I've havent heard it all yet, so I cant say for myself yet.

Elvis Presley said:
Im listening to it now, its a little more poppy, but very well written.

recommended,,,,,,:up:

I imagine so, pop doesnt necessarily = bad in my book. :up:

I'm leaving to buy it (among others) right now.

Ok, for all of you who have purchased 'Sumday', make sure to check out the videos you can watch on the cd. All 3 are quite funny, especially "The Nature Anthem". You very well may laugh while watching them.

There is also a link to a secret site, it has 3 songs (I'm pretty sure they're outtakes from the 'Sumday' sessions).

GranDaddy

I was planning on going to see them this Sunday - and last night I heard that they were giving tickets away on the radio.

I was caller number seven! Won tickets to the show, the CD as well as tickets to another show (dif. band)!

Re: GranDaddy

zonelistener said:
I was planning on going to see them this Sunday - and last night I heard that they were giving tickets away on the radio.

I was caller number seven! Won tickets to the show, the CD as well as tickets to another show (dif. band)!

wow, you lucky dog, Supergrass sat, grandaddy sun?

:up:

Re: GranDaddy

zonelistener said:

I swear, you're so lucky when it comes to this stuff. :)

Anyway, I'll see you at the show on Sunday! :D :hyper:

Outstanding show - despite the fact it felt like it lasted 15 minutes. I like their recorded music (and the lyrics), but I do have to say they are an even better live band - videos and all.

And, to save face for Grandaddy...the show was short because of a stupid Chicago law (all ages shows have to end before the "curfew").

Back
Top Bottom