For Jesus & Mary Chain fans - Glasvegas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I;m sold - I love that sound. I'll definitely check them out, thanks.

Is the album along the same lines? I dig blaring guitars, feedback, old rock'n'roll vocal lines. I wish there more of it....

I;m sold - I love that sound. I'll definitely check them out, thanks.

Is the album along the same lines? I dig blaring guitars, feedback, old rock'n'roll vocal lines. I wish there more of it....

Yup. Good stuff it is too.

Thursday, January 15:
CBS: Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson: Glasvegas

Finally found a copy in the store this last weekend, US version comes with bonus tracks (listening to the album all the way through for the first time right now). They were giving away the 'A Snowflake Fell' EP as well. :up:

So what are all of your favorite songs? While my choices are probably a bit predictable as I know two of them were singles, I'd say these are my favorites as of now:

Geraldine
It's My Own Cheating Heart That Makes Me Cry
Daddy's Gone

I love every song on this album save for Ice Cream Van and Stabbed. The former I'm a bit meh to and the latter I dislike. Tracks 1-7 are as good as anything I've heard.

i like the other version of daddy's gone better, but it is an awesome song regardless.

also really, really, really like go square go. flowers & football tops, geraldine, stabbed are awesome too, and well, pretty much the whole thing rules.

last boston show sold out and i was sad. will be there when they come back. my ticket arrived in the mail yesterday.

demo version, faster tempo. the internet i'm stealing is impeding my ability to find a site with it up and the mods are going to eat me if i it to you on here. standby...

I'm seeing Glasvegas in two weeks on the NME tour... can't say I'm that impressed by the singles I've heard so far :\ I'm hoping to be converted when I see them live.

saw them on the Electric Proms

they were good

the hype machine is building in the UK and they are supporting Oasis on their French and Italian tour

^ they were at the Electric Proms? I completely missed them, but thought the Last Shadow Puppets were AMAZING :up:

I finally listened again. It's a good album with some really good songs. Doesn't blow me away or anything though.

Daddy's Gone is great.

Agreed. I like it quite a bit, and the 2 singles and It's My Own Cheating Heart are absolutely stellar, but overall it isn't changing my life.

Guess who's back...back again.

YouTube - Glasvegas - The World Is Yours (Audio)

Music's great, vocals not so much. I'll wait for the full album to really get bummed or anything, but I hope there's more to offer than this.

EUPHORIC///HEARTBREAK\\\ drops April 4th.

1. "Pain Pain, Never Again"
  2. "The World Is Yours"
  3. "You"
  4. "Shine Like Stars"
  5. "Whatever Hurts You Through the Night"
  6. "Stronger Than Dirt
  7. "Dream Dream Dreaming"
  8. "I Feel Wrong
  9. "Euphoria, Take My Hand"
  10. "Lots Sometimes"
  11. "Change"
I swear to God, that song called "Shine Like Stars" better be good.
Edit once more: there's also an album "preview"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb6LmVDiGTk&NR=1

(Which is pretty much just "The World Is Yours" again with about 45 seconds of ambience mixed in)

Back
Top Bottom