Flying Lotus and friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^The album is great.

I saw him live last night. Went in expecting a good show, but I was absolutely blown away. Just about cracked my top 10 all-time. I have never, not even at U2 or Radiohead, stood with my mouth agape like I did last night. I had to pick my jaw up off the floor several times. He is unbelievably talented on the bass. He played about 10 solos, all with slightly different effects. His drummer Thomas Pridgen is fucking brilliant, and the interplay between the two of them and Dennis Hamm on keys was just a delight to watch.

Decked out in some robot gear and with hair like Lucius Sweet, he played Daylight early in the piece, which started quite normally before extended bass and drum solos. Fucking phenomenal. There was Walkin', Seasons, a few tracks from the new album like the excellent lead single Heartbreaks and Setbacks (though he didn't do Oh Sheit It's X which was disappointing), Tron Song (about his cat, which he told us all about through laughter, including his cat's full name is "Turbo Tron Over 9000 Baby Jesus Sally"), Lotus and the Jondy. He played a couple of FlyLo tracks as well, including DMT Song, which goes for 79 seconds on the record but was extended to about 10 fucking awesome minutes last night.

Ended up going to some really cool jazz club afterwards, had some cocktails, the band was there, but they didn't play.

I really cannot express just how good this gig was. So impressive and he deserves more attention.

New album coming out next year!!!! He says Captain Murphy is all over it... which makes me a weensy bit ambivalent cos I didn't like Duality that much.

Posts in this thread

cobl04 21
Imperor 4
nielsgov 3
u2popmofo 3
iron yuppie 2
Danny Boy 1
LemonMelon 1

I liked Duality more than Until The Quiet Comes. Could be a refreshing change of pace.

Cosmogramma continues to grow on me. Great album.

Really? Between Friends stood out like a sore thumb on that record for me. Beats weren't spectacular and his rapping leaves a bit to be desired. I love Until the Quiet Comes. Took me a while to warm to it, but it's excellent.

Cosmogramma is still his peak though, holy shit.

Yeah, I'm not wild about Until the Quiet Comes. I liked the idea of him doing something more ambient in nature, but not a whole lot from it sticks with me. Duality is far from perfect, but I thought it was a refreshing change of pace.

Finally saw FlyLo last night after missing him on his last two excursions out here. It was fucking brilliant. Has anyone else here seen him live? The light show is absolutely phenomenal, with all the 3D effects. Even though he's playing in front of a massive screen, for about half the show it looks like he's standing behind it, so impressive are the visuals. Just astonishing.

The dude is a fucking legend. Very happy to be there, very jovial, spoke to the crowd and joked a lot. He was super fucking wasted, and in the second half probably drank nearly half a bottle of Jameson... two women threw their bras on stage and he wore one normally and put the other one on his head and then just rapped and laughed and talked shit for a while.

Nothing off Cosmogramma, which was a disappointment, but all the new stuff he played sounded absolutely wicked, and he's meant to have a new album out this year. He played Between Friends, which remains one of the best tracks ever, he debuted about half a new collab that he's done with Kendrick, which sounded fucking awesome, and off Until the Quiet Comes he played Getting There, Sultan's Request, Putty Boy Strut (set to the film clip of Kill Your Co-Workers, which sadly, he did not play) as well as some Odd Future, Drake, TNGHT.

He's doing another set down the road from my house on Wednesday night which I'll probably go to.

ani_logo_site.gif

BtK0kEmCQAEuSZh.jpg

YOU'RE DEAD

:hyper::combust::faint:

He's drip-feeding the tracklist. This thing is gonna be fucking mega. So far:

1. Theme
2. Tesla (ft. Herbie Hancock)
3. Cold Dead
4. Fkn Dead
5. Never Catch Me (ft. Kendrick Lamar, this will be the collab from my gig review)
6. Dead Man's Tetris (ft. Snoop Dogg & Captain Murphy)

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

14. Moment of Hesitation
15. Descent into Madness (ft. Thundercat)
tumblr_na77atc6fQ1thclleo1_1280.jpg

16. The Boys Who Died in Their Sleep (ft. Captain Murphy)
17. Obligatory Cadence
18. Your Potential / The Beyond (ft. Niki Randa)
tumblr_na77fjWq7g1thclleo1_1280.jpg

19. The Protest

Wicked album teaser hurr: YOU'RE DEAD

:hyper:

My favorite part was that the DJ made a point to mention, before the premiere, that they had to respect the artist and the song...

...BAHAHAHAHAH

I don't get what you're talking about.

Apparently the uploaded version of the L.A Leakers clip is free from any foreign interference, but rest assured, when it aired live on the radio, it was like so many tracks downloaded from Kazaa of old.

Back
Top Bottom