Florence & The Machine, Discusion Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ronnie269

Refugee
Really surprised there isn't a thread about these guys!!! I done my best to search for one but couldn't find any, sorry again if there is one out there,

I first seen Florence and the Machine on the telly at Glastonbury, and was instantly blown away!!! Phenomenal performance! still haven't seen them live myself, can't wait to tho, everything I've heard has been extremely positive!

There debut album "Lungs" is one of the best debut albums I've ever heard!! Great from start to finish!!!

Whats the thoughts on Florence & the Machine here???

wrong forum, bang & clatter mate.

people have been talking about them but just not to a great extent i suppose.

i have the album but haven't listened to it yet.

It got a bunch of mentions in the "best music of 2009" thread, or whatever it's called. It's a good album - I just finally heard it a few weeks ago.

Actually, wikipedia spells it as Florence and the Machine (alternatively Florence + the Machine) :tongue:

I love the album, going to see them live in a couple of months :hyper: Although I feel weird saying "them" when it's really all about Florence Welch.

"Kiss With A Fist" is a cool song. That British accent isn't hidden at all, and I like that.

That's about all I have to add.

Damn :doh: , I thought I got the thread right this time! sorry.

Yeah Kiss With a Fist is a great tune, the rest of the album kinda takes a different direction tho, very consistent and great throughout, Kinda like a more poppy Arcade Fire,

The album is well worth checking out,

I think "I'm Not Calling You a Liar" and "Howl" are also hidden gems,

Does the + thing really matter? :D

Okay, cool, I'll go with it, :D

If one of the Mods could kindly move this thread to its right place and change the title to "Florence+The Machine, Discussion Thread" , Thanks!

Here are there tour dates for 2010 so far,

Feb 20 - Den Haag, Paard van Troje
Feb 21 - Gent, Vooruit
Feb 22 - Amsterdam, Paradiso
Feb 24 - Paris, Bataclan
Feb 25 - Frankfurt, Batschkapp
Feb 26 - Berlin, Astra
Feb 28 - Copenhagen, Vega
Mar 1 - Oslo, Rockefeller
Mar 2 - Stockholm, Debaser Medis
Mar 7 - Vienna, Indoor Arena
Mar 9 - Bologna, Estragon
Mar 10 - Zurich, Rohstofflager
Mar 11 - Lyon, Transbordeur
Mar 13 - Barcelona, Bikini
Mar 15 - Madrid, Heineken
Mar 16 - Lisbon, Aula Magna

Here is a recent performance from Jools Hollands New Years Hootenanny

YouTube - Florence + The Machine on Jools Hootenanny - Rabbit Heart & Dog Days Are Over HD

YouTube - Dave Swift on Bass with Jools Holland backing Florence Welch "My Baby Just Cares For Me"

Saw Florence in concert yesterday! She's a star, a totally gorgeous, dynamic, theatrical, charismatic performer :love: Great pair of lungs on her as well, though it's a shame she had to hold back on those high notes in Rabbit Heart. I think she also worked in Fever Ray's If I Had a Heart into one of her songs.

I regret not having heard this album earlier, as it is a really enjoyable listen with great variety. It definitely would have made my best-of 2009 list had I heard it in time. I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that the bulk of my indie listening comes via Pitchfork's "Best New Music" designations, and since Florence was not granted said designation she evaded my notice.

Saw Florence in concert yesterday! She's a star, a totally gorgeous, dynamic, theatrical, charismatic performer :love: Great pair of lungs on her as well, though it's a shame she had to hold back on those high notes in Rabbit Heart. I think she also worked in Fever Ray's If I Had a Heart into one of her songs.

at Laneway? a mate of mine went to that, i got onto it too late and it was already sold out. he said she sounds very different live?

Back
Top Bottom