Florence & The Machine, Discusion Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw them on Saturday at the Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee. Wow. I'm sold. I went with a very marginal knowledge of their music, but the show was perfect from beginning to end.

I saw them on Saturday at the Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee. Wow. I'm sold. I went with a very marginal knowledge of their music, but the show was perfect from beginning to end.

awesome.. glad you were impressed. Saw them open for U2 last June and I was sold right then and there. Beautiful voice with so much power that she could of sang without a mic and the whole stadium would of heard her as if she had one.. :up:

I can't wait for May12.. will be seeing her headline in Atlantic City.:hyper:

No midwest shows :\ Looks like I'll have to deal with Lollapalooza, Sound Town or a long drive to Indianapolis if I want to see her again this tour. Which I do. I left that concert with a feeling awfully similar to the first time I saw U2.

No midwest shows :\ Looks like I'll have to deal with Lollapalooza, Sound Town or a long drive to Indianapolis if I want to see her again this tour. Which I do. I left that concert with a feeling awfully similar to the first time I saw U2.

really? that's great. I have a feeling I will feel the same after this saturday. Glad she is playing Meriweather, its so close to me.

really? that's great. I have a feeling I will feel the same after this saturday. Glad she is playing Meriweather, its so close to me.

I thought maybe I was overreacting, but I talked to my sister (who has been to more concerts than I have) a few days later. She concurred, putting only U2 ahead of Florence. It was an incredibly powerful and uplifting show. And, again, I had a very limited knowledge of her or her music.

I was in such a daze afterwards. We actually met Tom, Isabella and Florence afterwards. I was standing next to my sister who telling Florence (who was in her pajamas!) how much she loved the show. Completely surreal.

I thought maybe I was overreacting, but I talked to my sister (who has been to more concerts than I have) a few days later. She concurred, putting only U2 ahead of Florence. It was an incredibly powerful and uplifting show. And, again, I had a very limited knowledge of her or her music.

I was in such a daze afterwards. We actually met Tom, Isabella and Florence afterwards. I was standing next to my sister who telling Florence (who was in her pajamas!) how much she loved the show. Completely surreal.

wow.. u got to meet them. Sweet.. was that easy? I would love to meet her. Do u remember if you said anything to her? lol

PJs? haha!

wow.. u got to meet them. Sweet.. was that easy? I would love to meet her. Do u remember if you said anything to her? lol

PJs? haha!

I think we had about the most ideal circumstances. Immediately after the show, I asked my sister if she wanted to stick around to see if we could meet anyone from the band. We did a quick walkaround of the building to see where they might exit. Then I walked back to the car to grab a CD in case anyone did come out. We headed back to the rear exit of the building where the bus was waiting. A very small group (10 or so) was waiting right across the street from the bus. Everyone was obviously a fan (i.e. no ebay autograph hounds) so we knew this was going to be a better than average shot. Tom Monger was already out talking to fans. And it was so casual, that I didn't even notice that he was a band member and not a fan himself!

He stayed out for about 10 minutes or so. We continued waiting, and surprisingly the group didn't really get much bigger. Isabella (shown in the video I took above) came out about half an hour later and joked that she was "the decoy" for Florence, since Florence was incredibly tired. Isabella took a bunch of photos with fans and signed autographs for about 10 minutes.

I was beyond content at this point and had just been told that Florence wasn't coming out. But we stayed anyway. About 20 minutes or so later, Florence came out and just kind of waived. She stood there for a second while her younger pre-teen and teen fans went nuts. Then she walked toward us when she realized we were about the least threatening "crowd" possible. I believe she asked for no pics, since she was in her pajamas. She signed only a couple of autographs and talked for a moment. When my sister said she loved the show, she responded with a very quiet "Thank you." I know for sure that i said absolutely nothing. :lol:

I think we had about the most ideal circumstances. Immediately after the show, I asked my sister if she wanted to stick around to see if we could meet anyone from the band. We did a quick walkaround of the building to see where they might exit. Then I walked back to the car to grab a CD in case anyone did come out. We headed back to the rear exit of the building where the bus was waiting. A very small group (10 or so) was waiting right across the street from the bus. Everyone was obviously a fan (i.e. no ebay autograph hounds) so we knew this was going to be a better than average shot. Tom Monger was already out talking to fans. And it was so casual, that I didn't even notice that he was a band member and not a fan himself!

He stayed out for about 10 minutes or so. We continued waiting, and surprisingly the group didn't really get much bigger. Isabella (shown in the video I took above) came out about half an hour later and joked that she was "the decoy" for Florence, since Florence was incredibly tired. Isabella took a bunch of photos with fans and signed autographs for about 10 minutes.

I was beyond content at this point and had just been told that Florence wasn't coming out. But we stayed anyway. About 20 minutes or so later, Florence came out and just kind of waived. She stood there for a second while her younger pre-teen and teen fans went nuts. Then she walked toward us when she realized we were about the least threatening "crowd" possible. I believe she asked for no pics, since she was in her pajamas. She signed only a couple of autographs and talked for a moment. When my sister said she loved the show, she responded with a very quiet "Thank you." I know for sure that i said absolutely nothing. :lol:

oh.. lol u shy thing u... did u blush? haha.
I imagine her talking in whispers after perfoming with that monster voice.. She needs to rest it as much as she can. :wink:

thanks for telling me what happened.. that was a cool encounter for sure.

oh.. lol u shy thing u... did u blush? haha.
I imagine her talking in whispers after perfoming with that monster voice.. She needs to rest it as much as she can. :wink:

thanks for telling me what happened.. that was a cool encounter for sure.

I was kinda in a trance. My sister ended up getting me the autograph, lol. I came away with minimal photographic evidence :wink:

I was kinda in a trance. My sister ended up getting me the autograph, lol. I came away with minimal photographic evidence :wink:

:giggle: :lol: thank god for sisters..

not much different than what happened to me when I met Bono in 2005. Except mine wasn't a trance it was a complete mental blackout of my brain. I swore I didn't talk to him (in fact I walked away mad at myself because I didn't) but my friend said oh yes you did. I had no recolletion of the conversation.. :wink: get what I am saying? haha I did get a autograph too.

:giggle: :lol: thank god for sisters..

not much different than what happened to me when I met Bono in 2005. Except mine wasn't a trance it was a complete mental blackout of my brain. I swore I didn't talk to him (in fact I walked away mad at myself because I didn't) but my friend said oh yes you did. I had no recolletion of the conversation.. :wink: get what I am saying? haha I did get a autograph too.

Yeah, same here. I met him in Boston in 2005. Sister was there too and did the same thing, grabbing the CD while holding onto Bono's arm and asking him to sign for me. I remember I said something that must have come out sounding stupid. She's in a ton of pics with him, I'm (sort of) in one or two.

Yeah, same here. I met him in Boston in 2005. Sister was there too and did the same thing, grabbing the CD while holding onto Bono's arm and asking him to sign for me. I remember I said something that must have come out sounding stupid. She's in a ton of pics with him, I'm (sort of) in one or two.

Maybe you'd feel more comfortable around these artists if you were in a gorilla suit? However, I'm not sure what their comfort level would be. :wink:

For those going to the MD show info on presale (will be thru ticketfly):

Florence + The Machine
9/19/2012 7:00 PM

Florence + The Machine
with The Weeknd, and The Maccabees

Merriweather Post Pavilion
Columbia, MD
Wed Sept 19, 2012 at 7pm
Gates open at 5:30pm

Ticket prices:
$55: General admission floor (not seated)
$55: Reserved pavilion seating
$40: General admission lawn

Please note: Selecting "best available" defaults to locations closest to the stage, which in this case means standing room only floor. Please select "RSVD PAV $55" if you prefer having a reserved seat.

There is a 2 ticket limit for the ga floor and reserved seats through row Q per name/address/credit card. There is a 4 ticket limit in all other areas. Orders in excess of this limit will be canceled without advance notice.
Please note that you must choose either the "2 ticket limit" box or "4 ticket limit" box. The "2 ticket limit" option will allow you to obtain tickets outside the front rows, but will still enforce the same 2 ticket limit on those locations.

They're coming to upstate NY in September! Sooooo excited! I'm a little worried about getting tickets because it's a pretty small venue. Anyone know anything about presales?

They're coming to upstate NY in September! Sooooo excited! I'm a little worried about getting tickets because it's a pretty small venue. Anyone know anything about presales?

her site is saying there will be a presale but it hasn't been put up yet. Also look for the venue or whoever promotes the venue to have a presale too. That's at least how its gonna work here.

For much of this tour, it probably comes down to how a venue handles its own ticketing. TM did not handle the Milwaukee show, which was a nice relief and actually allowed fans to get the tickets they wanted. Eagles Ballroom in Milwaukee is also a small venue, but I was able to get two GA's when the sale went live. No pre-sales at all. There were several will call only ticket drops that sold out decidedly less quickly as only venue email subscribers were notified.

The Weeknd opening? Impressive pull.

If she could coax Girl Talk to follow the Weeknd, it would mirror the Sunday lineup at Coachella, which was unquestionably my favorite ~4 hours of that festival. Sublime. Even better than the Shins - Bon Iver - Radiohead.

I was fortunate to be able to see Florence again this past Friday, and I'm starting to be convinced that, if she keeps putting out quality material, she could be viewed as one of the iconic front-persons, at least of this generation. Freddy Mercury, Bono, and the like. Maybe it will become trite after a couple of years, but she holds audiences in her palm right now.

I was fortunate to be able to see Florence again this past Friday, and I'm starting to be convinced that, if she keeps putting out quality material, she could be viewed as one of the iconic front-persons, at least of this generation. Freddy Mercury, Bono, and the like. Maybe it will become trite after a couple of years, but she holds audiences in her palm right now.

I think you're right. I was expecting a good show. I got a whole lot more than that.

After it was over, my sister and I were seriously doubting whether we'd be able to see her in a venue that small - and for only $35 - again.

Back
Top Bottom