Florence & The Machine, Discusion Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
at Laneway? a mate of mine went to that, i got onto it too late and it was already sold out. he said she sounds very different live?

No, their own show at The Palace. Her vocals are less polished live I suppose and she skipped a few of the high notes on the album, most notably in the chorus of Rabbit Heart. But she could have sounded three times worse and I probably wouldn't have noticed because she's just so much fun to watch :)

Some pics from the show:

Florence1.jpg

Florence2.jpg

Florence3.jpg

Florence4.jpg

Florence5.jpg

Florence6.jpg

Florence7.jpg

she is one of the (many) singers on the upcoming Bryne/Fatboy Slim collaboration.

I discovered Florence And The Machine because of the Here Lies Love album. I loved the track and loved Florence's voice, so decided to check out the Lungs album, I really liked it and will definitely be looking forward for new releases. :up:

I enjoy the album a lot, but I think she's a pretty weak in terms of vocal abilities.
I think I'm in love with XX remix of "You've Got The Love", more than the original version.

I just adore Florence . . . I know a lot of people think she's an annoying screeching harlot but I adore her passion and Lungs is one of my favourite albums at the moment . . . came to it late but fell in love from the get go

thanks for posting that song Screwtape . . . it's gorgeous :)

As much as I love the album, I have to say that she's really not impressed me with her live singing.

I saw her this year ... honestly don't remember how she sounded (I was tired and had a bad spot, and wasn't 100% involved, alas).

But after seeing her on SNL (where she was horribly flat on both songs) and seeing clips from the Isle of Wight performances (thanks, Palladia!), I have to say that she goes flat an awful lot.

Maybe she needs to change up her style so she's not belting so much, because that's when she seems to just completely biff it.

But I still love the album.

I thought Florence was good at the concert I went to, but I've also heard her sing live on the radio and seen a few live clips on YouTube and yes, her vocals can be terribly hit-and-miss. Maybe she just needs more experience in order to develop better vocal control.

I can't wait to hear Florence and The Machine opening for U2 in Miami - only like three songs, mostly Dog Days Are Over, but I'm looking forward to their set. :up:

I skipped seeing her, I think she came to Australia 2-3 times on supporting the last album, shattered I passed up the opportunity each time.

I almost saw her... but she was $80 and Broken Social Scene were playing the same night for $40. Needless to say I went with BSS and it's one of the best decisions I ever made. They were fucking phenomenal.

Yeah, I'm pretty sad I can't make it to her show here tomorrow, and that the 2010 to 2011 shift prevented me from making the East Lansing U2 show.

saw her open for U2 wednesday nite.. First time.. she is amazing! Such a beautiful voice, angelic. So much power. I thought even in a stadium she wouldn't need a mic cuz her voice is that strong.

saw her open for U2 wednesday nite.. First time.. she is amazing! Such a beautiful voice, angelic. So much power. I thought even in a stadium she wouldn't need a mic cuz her voice is that strong.

Same here! I love the way Florence sings. I thought they were a great opening act for U2.

It's very nice how Florence has that uniqueness in the way she dances with the dress. She changes her dress color on every performance, and she even has a fan at the side to make all the moves with the wind blowing from the fan.

. . . has she gone over well with the U2 crowd? just curious . . . love Florence and have really enjoyed seeing pics peeps have been posting on fb of her set . . . she has a helluva voice and I adore the drama of her performances (sadly, thus far only seen via the magic of the internetz) and have heard individually that she was great but was just wondering how the audience responded to her collectively :) ta much xx pr

. . . has she gone over well with the U2 crowd? just curious . . . love Florence and have really enjoyed seeing pics peeps have been posting on fb of her set . . . she has a helluva voice and I adore the drama of her performances (sadly, thus far only seen via the magic of the internetz) and have heard individually that she was great but was just wondering how the audience responded to her collectively :) ta much xx pr

The people in my section in Nashville seemed not to have heard of her and could not take their eyes off her, and I heard them say good things. For me she was the best opener I saw on this leg, and her voice was even more amazing live.

Back
Top Bottom