Florence & The Machine, Discusion Thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who's heard the album? I'm pretty meh on it. First three songs are good, St Jude is lovely and Mother has a kickarse ending but the rest didn't do much for me.

Yeah, Cobbs, I've heard it. It's a decent album. I pretty much agree with your take, albeit perhaps with a more positive outlook; it starts and ends well, but the middle feels like extremely pleasant background music. Not an album I love or hate, but if I had to listen to it again, it wouldn't be such a bad experience. No immediate stand outs on the level of Rabbit Heart or What the Water Gave Me.

I'd give it like a 6 1/2 on first go. Sounded like Abbey Road immediately following Muse's latest shitfest.

I changed my answer, i think i actually love it. I'm not sure but when ceremonials came out i adored it, and listened to it nonstop, but it doesn't feel the same. However a lot of florence songs are growers on me, so i'm not discounting it. I say its a solid 7.

Yeah they had a ballot for their one sideshow in melbourne and sydney. It was a shit storm really. Lots and lots of people missed out on a code, i had 20+ people sign up for me to get a code and only one (thank god!) got a code, so not sure how many people actually signed up for the ballot. Already tickets are on ticketmaster resale for like ridiculous amounts like $700 etc. I can see how they're trying to dissuade scalpers, but this just made people even more desperate really.

And yes side note: WTF is muse doing?!?!

Last edited:
I wanna say this album was largely disappointing....but I dunno its not bad, there's just nothing that really stands out. When Ceremonials came out, I fell in love with No Light, No Light. (Actually the second half of that album is probably my favourite run of Florence songs)

Not so disappointed I didn't get tickets or know about that ballot....but I'm sure they'll come back late this year or sometime next year.

In same ways, I like this album more than Ceremonials. That album disappointed me because it cashed in on the huge anthem that was Dog Days and repeated that formula. This album doesn't knock it out of the park as often but it's a bit more subtle and has more sonic details.

In same ways, I like this album more than Ceremonials. That album disappointed me because it cashed in on the huge anthem that was Dog Days and repeated that formula. This album doesn't knock it out of the park as often but it's a bit more subtle and has more sonic details.

It's definitely better than Ceremonials, though I think you're giving Ceremonials too much credit here. That album seemed to take the over-the-top instrumentation found seldom on Lungs and then doubled down on it. Dog Days is miles ahead of anything on Ceremonials. (Although What the Water Gave Me was great.) This album has more subtlety but really lacks the tunes through the middle of the album.

Back
Top Bottom