FINALLY - Peter Gabriel does something SORTA new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, the banner ads for Scratch My Back are starting to get to me. I'm tempted to buy the album, just so he'll stop staring.

picturev.gif

I gave in to the state and bought the deluxe copy from Amazon today.

Well, I love Peter Gabriel so I'd have bought it anyway.

Have you heard Paul Simon's cover of "Biko"? Stunning. Haunting. Powerful.

So yeah, Scratch My Back is out and I was pretty excited to hear it. Now, however, I'm more excited to hear the originals for the 100th time. A few of these covers are sublime (Mirrorball, Flume, The Book Of Love), a couple are utter crap (Heroes, Street Spirit), and the rest show a fine artist performing fine songs while simultaneously trying not to throw out his back. Inessential, but there will be many worse albums released this year.

:bump:

Wow. What a disappointment. Does PG have something against David Bowie, Paul Simon and Radiohead? Those covers sucked.

The only real bright spot was the cover of My Body is a Cage. That was epic. I like it even better than the original, and I'm pretty fond of the original.

Double A-Side of "The Power of the Heart" and Lou Reed's cover of "Solsbury Hill" is now available on iTunes.

Says THE LOU:
“I tried to keep an open mind for this wonderful song I wanted to own it and redo it’s essence. I picked the version I and everyone else knows. I think Peter has tried to strike a balance between the demands of the marketplace and his desire for uniqueness. And intelligence. He has quite an arrangement in the Ezrin produced version. I choose to single out one desire and concentrate on that. The desire for a home.

“Peter’s version of my song is overwhelmingly beautiful and I thank him for including me on this soulful journey through the heart. He has never sung more beautifully. This is a landmark album.”

EDIT: I just listened to Lou's cover. Holy....shit.......take a side U2's cover of "Fortunate Son", I have now heard an even worse cover.

You cruel fucking bastard!

Peter Gabriel is finally coming back to the "whole" United States...but it's the New Blood tour. I never thought I'd be so unsure if I want to see him or not...

http://petergabriel.com/live/

Tickets aren't on sale...yet!

Meanwhile, Peter Gabriel is on tour for real. I'm finally seeing him next Thursday. And the setlists are hooooooottttt.

Back
Top Bottom