Feist - Metals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sons, I must have listened to that stream a good seven or eight times since it went up. Can't get enough. And I'll be headed down to vinyl happy hour in a scant seven hours to get my hands on this bad boy.

I didn't realize it was out already until I saw it at Starbucks.

I'll be buying it this week.

Got it. Glad to see it's a gatefold.

Anyway, this one is more in my wheelhouse than The Reminder has been in a good while. It might even be better. Actually, I think it is. Discuss.

What should I expect from Feist? Would I dig it? Is it in the same area as St Vincent?

The only thing I know about Feist is that she sings on All to All (or is that Sentimental Xs?)

What should I expect from Feist? Would I dig it? Is it in the same area as St Vincent?

She is vaguely similar to St. Vincent in terms of subject matter and atmosphere, but Feist relies a lot more on voice to carry the songs. Her best tracks, in my opinion at least, are the folk-style ones that give her room to use the voice as the primary instrument - that is why Let It Die is my favorite album of hers by a fair margin. You are not going to get any of the seering guitar work from Feist that you regularly find with St. Vincent, though.

I didn't realise that this was her follow up album to The Reminder. Anywho I've got this on an mp3 disc at work hopefully get to have spin today.

I really love this album. So much more adventurous than The Reminder. The Bad in Each Other is a fantastic opener. Anti-Pioneer is a great song as well.

Yep. It's grown on me a lot since my first listen. How Come You Never Go There is an easy favorite.

I'm looking forward to seeing her in Brooklyn next week.

Saw her last night at The Riviera, Chicago. She did not disappoint. That voice is a pure manifestation of sensuality to me, and she sounded pristine the whole time. She had the (predominantly female) crowd in her palm the entire show, which is an accomplishment given the low-tempo, folky atmosphere that she maintained for the vast majority of the concert.

The new material really took off live - many of the songs, especially Undiscovered First and Comfort Me, gained a lot of muscle, and the older songs that she played were reinvented in order to suit the gray-scale atmosphere of Metals. The foremost surprise in that regard was
a positively tribal interpretation of Mushaboom
which I thought was magnificent. But, again, that voice. I could listen to her all day.

New dates all over 'Merica:

04-14 Indio, CA - Coachella Music Festival
04-21 Indio, CA - Coachella Music Festival
04-22 Phoenix, AZ - Orpheum Theater
04-26 Austin, TX - Stubb’s
04-28 New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Jazz Fest
04-30 Indianapolis, IN - Egyptian Room
05-01 Nashville, TN - Ryman Auditorium
05-02 Asheville, NC - Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
05-03 Raleigh, NC - Memorial Auditorium
05-05 New York, NY - Radio City Music Hall
05-07 Boston, MA - House of Blues