Faith No More - Sol Invictus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Huge FNM fan and was looking forward to this album, but holy hell what I've heard so far is absolute garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I wish to remain able to enjoy the old albums, so I've been pretending this isn't a thing. Seems like I'm right in doing so if I take bvs at his word.

cobbler's going to listen to it and then tell us how it's the first he's ever heard of the band.

I've already got tix for one of the Webster Hall shows. Guess I'll have to drink a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

This has leaked.

After the first couple of listenings, it's a very mixed bag. Some very good moments (especially the final two songs... the versatility they show never ceases to surprise), some godawful ones. Due to low expectations, I can't say I'm disappointed and I'm glad there are a couple of songs in there I really like.

Ugh. Pretty disappointed with this album which breaks my heart a little bit. Hoping it's a grower and will suddenly click.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's definitely a grower. Like most of their stuff really. I thought it was crap on first listen, but some of the songs really open up after a couple of listens. There are tons of layers to the record.

The live setlist was great. If you have a chance to see them, GO! :up:

Seems like that kind of album that's ok on its own while you're listening to it, but don't go and hold it up against their best (of course that's angel dust) because it's going to look pretty horrible then.

Half of this album is great. Sunny Side Up is ridiculously catchy; Matador and Cone of Shame are fantastic, ambitious rock songs that really don't get made today that often; From the Dead is a charming and unexpectedly emotional closer. A third of it is good to average and a third is downright crap (Separation Anxiety and Motherfucker make me cringe).

Overall, a mixed bag. But much better than I had expected it to be. Somewhere in the Album of the Year territory for me (heh).

Yeah, how about we don't get the motherfucker on the phone. That song is terrible.

Back
Top Bottom