Ernie vs. the Bank of America Guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is more?

• Ernie aka Boner Vox

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • The Bank of America Guy

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • They're both incredible.

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
Wow. Ernie's got glowing keyboard keys now!

But BOFA dude's still got Bank One...on the run.

Also, I think Ernie might win just because everyone from PHEBH is going to see the words "Mini-Hedge" and lustfully ignore everything else.

Both of their versions are superior to the original Shuttlecock recordings. I had to go with "Both incredible."

I wonder what Michelle Shepherd thinks about all this. Someone email her.

I don't think he has to pee. It seems to me he's just trying to suppress the urges Ernie's powerful and palpable sexual energy causes. Look at the little tuft of hair coming out from the hat. Talk about a panty dropper. There is absolutely no way this guy doesn't drown in muff.

And if you ever wanted to hear an uncommonly besleeved Ernie take a tab at scat (settle down, GAF), look no further:

Shuttlecock's "Party Cock" by Mini Hedge and Ernie

Hmph. I always thought it was Birdie Girl.

Also, you should have issued GAF a second warning re: the drummer. Anyone else find something weird about some dude in (I'm guessing) his late 20's/early 30's hanging out with some high school kid and a pre-pubescent girl?

I know Ernie might still come off a little cheesy without the goatee, but the douche level would certainly drop. And I say this as a supporter (and sporter) of facial hair.

Hmph. I always thought it was Birdie Girl.

I don't know if we ever established it. I like yours more.

Anyone else find something weird about some dude in (I'm guessing) his late 20's/early 30's hanging out with some high school kid and a pre-pubescent girl?

Of course I do, but I think it's been established by now that he's a fairly unorthodox guy, one who plays by his own rules, if you will. I'd certainly love to hear how they found each other. Sort of like a Mini-Hedge Origins: Ernie situation. Maybe on their next video.

I know Ernie might still come off a little cheesy without the goatee, but the douche level would certainly drop. And I say this as a supporter (and sporter) of facial hair.

Seconded on all counts, although I do think the tuft of hair poking out of the hat in the "Magnificock" video is an iconic image. But his goatee certainly is his most defining and recognizable trait (almost his equivalent of Hedge's hats or Boner's glasses), and without it we wouldn't have photographs such as this:

2ew1nhk.jpg

Still sleeveless after all these years.

Anyway, 2:55 to 3:02 of the "Birdie Girl/Party Cock" video is absolutely killer. Vintage Ernie!

Doesn't his pronunciation seem a bit strange at times? Like the way he says "nails".

Perhaps he's Canadian scum, which of course would only make this like 100x better.

That With Or Without Cock video is totally FTW though.

I love that birth canal-esque shape he makes with his hands at the end--it's like he's alive, he's being born, the place he started out from and he wants back inside (to smell like the top of an airborne birdie's head). That kind of thing.

I mean, I don't even have a vajayjay and I was feeling a little stirring down there, like he was peering into my hole soul.

I'd agree with everything you said if you didn't misquote lyrics.

I'm surprised
Lance being born
He just arrived, out of this whore
To find which john he started out from
I'd have to search worldwide

Come on.

Random iPhone update:

This Mexican restaurant with famous Mexican martinis has $5 Mexican Martini Mondays. They'll only serve you two because they are strong as fuck. I'm on my second. "With or Without Cock" just came on the speakers.

ERNIE ROLL'D. He has ruined the song for me.

You can really tell how fucking stupid those lyrics are when our man Ernie sings them.

Don't you think adding him to the Shuttlecock canon is giving him too much credit? If a cover band is an ENEMY OF ART, what does that make Ernie? Surely something much worse. The guy's awful. Just awful. But perhaps that means he has a nice niche in the canon after all...

The best thing about the "Stand Up Referee" video is the fact that I was deceived into thinking he was wielding a shirt with sleeves for a bit. He really didn't blow his cover until 0:39.

Back
Top Bottom