Embarrassing Musical Confessions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, I'm disappointed in Kelly. "My December" was a brilliant album and showed she had true chops as a real artist and songwriter, not just a cheesy pop singer. I was impressed with how she stuck to her guns and didn't let Clive Davis, aka Satan, make her put out an album of mindless junk. Obviously, most of us like some good, old pop once in awhile, but it was great to see someone from AI come out with something that was actually solid music.

Also, I absolutely adore "Bleeding Love" by Leona Lewis. I'm usually not into the power-house, glory note vocalists like Mariah or Whitney, which is what Leona is similar to, but, man, that song is awesome. I think it's one of the top singles of last year.

I'm fine with Kelly sticking to the pop basics.

I want her to be successful, and maybe after another album chock full o' pop goodness, she can find a happy medium between "THIS IZ SRS RECORD" and "DREAD LORD CLIVE DAVIS TOLD ME TO MAKE THIS."

She's got plenty of time to learn and stretch and hug and grow. But honestly, I'm not looking for AI winners to be thoughtful songwriters. It'd be a nice cherry on the cake, yes, if a winner did that, but I've got plenty of other musicians to give me the thinky music. :)

Embrace your guilty pleasures!

Personally, I rank Avril a little bit above Kelly, Pink, Miley, and that Katie "I Kissed A Girl" Perry chick.

Avril's songs tend to move me emotionally- just like U2's songs do.

Granted, her last album and her debut album were...um...not of good quality.:slant:

But I'd recommend anyone to listen to her "Under My Skin" album and watch her "Live At Budokan DVD". Very solid stuff.:up:

He violated an innocent microphone? If inanimate objects could get STD's, that mic would be 6 feet under by now.

Yeah... He gyrated with it.

Keep in mind that the average audience member age was probably nine or ten.

Strangely U2 at times...I have some incredibly Indie acquaintances and when talking about favourite bands I tend to omit U2...just cause I got fed up with Indie type reactions...even though my own taste in music tends to be indietastic.

So, I'm not really embarrassed by this one, because the song kicks a millions different kinds of ass, but I am loving "Let It Rock" by some dude named Kevin Rudolf. I have no idea who the guy is, never heard of him before, but every time I hear this songs I have to dance.:rockon:

I've been listening to a lot of dance/pop music lately. I like Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music", 90s dance/pop such as "Call Me" and "Be My Lover".

Its funny when you see my radio station line up in my car. Its all rock stations except for one dance station!

Guilty pleasure songs...

1. Gimme More - Britney Spears (it was a while ago when she released that.. but all the same, it's catchy... oh, and yes, it is Britney, bitch.)

2. L-l-l-lick me like a lollipop.... shorty does want a thug.

:sigh: I'm so happy to get that off my chest.

Ok this is bad...I think I actually like this song more than a currently much discussed certain new release from my favorite band..but that could easily change...

YouTube - Chris Brown Ft Keri Hilson - SuperHuman [ HQ OFICCIAL ]

"don't know what you're doin to me with your love" just kicks my ass right now for some reason

:reject:

(I don't think she can sing worth shit tho, he easily eclipses her...hence her overuse of autotune I suppose.)

EDIT: God, she's annoying. Where's Jordan? :mad:

This thread scare the shit outta me. :wink:

And I'm happy to say that Dancing Queen is not anymore the most played song on my iTunes. :up:

I'm not sure how embarrassing this is, but one of my Top 50 All Time favorite albums is Janet Jackson' s Rhythm Nation 1814. It's probably Janet's best album and I can't believe it came out almost 20 years ago. I guess you could say that 1814 was one of the last great albums from the 1980's.

I can remember back in the late 80's, early 90's that I was listening to all sorts of different popular shit. I could go from listening to REM, U2, INXS, The Cure, Depeche Mode, etc to listening to Janet, Madonna, Taylor Dane etc. There are a lot of great songs on this album, but I must confess that my favorite song on the album is...

Come Back to Me.

I was always a sucker for that one because, at one time in my teenage angst, I had a girlfriend who I applied that song to. Ahh, those were the years. I think that one was from the Summer of 1990.

Back
Top Bottom