Elbow - Leaders of the Free World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:uhoh:

I would skip Starlings if I were you, it's proably the weakest track on the album and kind of wtf for an opener if you ask me...

u2pm, have you watched that live show yet??

Not yet.

Starlings was absolutely fantastic live, and has since become one of my favorite tracks on the album. No skippy.

I liked it the first time I heard it, so I don't get the hate I guess. Similarly, the friend who came with me to the show who'd never heard Elbow before liked it as much if not more than anything else they played.

I r not hatr liek u

I've always loved Any Day Now, I don't really hear people mentioning that one very often unfortunately. I think it's a fantastic album opener, probably wouldn't translate very well live though.

Any Day Now is pretty good, I'm not sure if it works well as a first track though...

Station Approach - now there is a first track!

Same goes for Ribcage, in fact, the first half of COT is very strong it just doesn't hold it together on the second half imo - Grace Under Pressure included - I don't like that song very much for some reason...

I've always loved Any Day Now, I don't really hear people mentioning that one very often unfortunately. I think it's a fantastic album opener, probably wouldn't translate very well live though.

One of my favorites from them, from the very first listen. When I play Asleep in the Back, I usually play that one more than once.

Station Approach - now there is a first track!

If I could stick Station Approach on as the opening track of Kid instead of Starlings (which, yes, was interesting live...but doesn't do it for me on the album)....wow, that'd be phenomenal. :love:

My local independent radio station was playing 'Fallen Angel' on the way to work today.

:up:

Just listened to The Seldom Seen Kid. Color me impressed. Stand outs to me were "Mirrorball", "Grounds For Divorce", and "One Day Like This".

Back
Top Bottom