Elbow - Leaders of the Free World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I took all my Elbow CDs up to my friend's house in CO for Thanksgiving and introduced him to them by saying "By the time I leave on Sunday, this will be your new favorite song" and put on "One Day Like This."

He bought the CD yesterday. :D

It's quite amazing that a song such as One Day Like This isn't a huge hit.

The song is 3 minutes over the MTV generation's attention span limit and Guy isn't hot enough for Tiger Beat magazine.

Rock really doesn't hit mainstream anymore, particularly well written and artistic rock.

My friend just texted that he's disturbed by the horns in Starlings. :lol: It's the only song he doesn't like.

I love Starlings! But in comparison to their other opening tracks, it's not as good.

Yeah, Starlings doesn't really do it for me, especially compared to, say, Station Approach. I actually thought it was even worse live....the horns were just out of place and almost acoustically offensive compared to the rest of the show. :shrug:

Elbow :drool:
(I need to type that every couple of weeks :wink: )

I actually thought it was even worse live....the horns were just out of place and almost acoustically offensive compared to the rest of the show. :shrug:

I'd say the opposite, as I started liking the song because of hearing it live, hadn't paid much attention to it before that. Similarly, the friend I drug to the show who had never even heard of Elbow before said it was their favorite song of the night. :lol:

Who are my real friends? Do they all like Starlings? :wink:

Really? I used this years ago (when the avatars were teeny tiny) for quite a while. Who' been copying me?! Who's been the Coldplay to my U2?!

:wink:

I like "The Fix" but I find it hard to defend it as a part of The Seldom Seen Kid, which without it would be a perfect-blend and a musical trip of an album, I just don't think The Fix fits in, probably because it doesn't fit in with Elbow with a different singer.

Btw.. Elbow is at this very moment recording Running to Stand Still (from some obscure Irish Band) for the new War Child album

I am not sure if I could tell this, but what the..
A friend of mine is co owner of a studio where elbow always record their albums and knows them very well.. He told me that it sounds phenomenal..

And U2 has apparently asked elbow to go with them on tour next year.. but negotiations aren't finished yet..

Back
Top Bottom