Elbow - Leaders of the Free World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fugitive Motel is the best song off COT, I think.

Any Day Now is awesome, as is Powder Blue - definitely my two favorites off of Asleep In the Back.

I'm tempted to agree, but my two favorites have to be "Asleep in the Back" and "Newborn" :drool:

and it's youuuuuuu
and it's May
and we're sleeping through the day
and I'm five years ago
and three thousand miles away

My head, dammit! It's stuck. I'm trying to let it out!! I think it's become one of my favorite Elbow songs.

I discovered this "Live from Abbey Road" episode on my DV-R on the weekend, from months ago, which I never watched, and didn't know Elbow was on it. It's really good. They perform Grounds for Divorce, The Bones of You and One Day Like This, and you can see all of them on youtube.

YouTube - ELBOW - THE BONES OF YOU - LIVE ON ABBEY ROAD

I don't even know what song that is from those lyrics....

:reject:

Shocking. :tsk:

I still think I like "Seldom Seen Kid" better than "Leaders of the Free World." I guess that's a weird opinion in Elbowville, huh? The ballads on Leaders are still kind of forgettable to me. Not bad, just not special. But I still like it a lot.

I thought he was saying "and it's you, and it's me" until I checked the lyrics, if it makes you feel any better.

I thought he was saying "and it's you, and it's me" until I checked the lyrics, if it makes you feel any better.

I did to, it sounds just like that, and makes perfect sense in the line, so its definitely an understandable mistake.

Suddenly I need to hear those horns. Might frighten my colleagues, though, especially the ones who haven't had coffee yet.

Back
Top Bottom