Duran Duran Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's only release day but it's No1 in the UK, US, Canada and Italy pop charts, and sits at No3 in the main UK and US album charts- whatever happens to it- it's probably eclipsed RCM on day one.

I can't believe it's just the fanbase buying this- will see what happens tomorrow (excuse the pun)- it's a bloody brilliant album that deserves to be heard by a wider audience

Great pic, partygirl!

I downloaded it first thing this morning and listened to it on the way to work. It's really good.

My three favorites were right in a row - Girl Panic, The Man Who Stole a Leopard, and Runaway Runaway.

YAY!

Still listening myself but Being Followed, AYNIN, Girl Panic, The man who Stole a :drool:

and I think Safe is totally groovy, such a club hit :drool:

Safe is probably my favorite, but man this album really does harken back. Aside the fact that his voice is impossibly indistinguishable from it's old self, musically I just feel like so many of these tracks wold fit right in with the original albums (and don't get me wrong - I LOVE the last two albums). This one is just an absolute blast to listen to over and over.

Yeah, I have no doubt that it's being manipulated some to get that perfect pitch for the album, but in terms of range and clarity his voice doesn't seem to have changed, whereas other guys' voices have gotten pretty ravaged over time, understandably.

Anyway, after several listens, the only one that seems a little out of place (though still a nice song) is Leave a Light On. It sounds a little more like a Medazzaland track. I can't wait to hear the remaining three songs.

Safe is probably my favorite, but man this album really does harken back. Aside the fact that his voice is impossibly indistinguishable from it's old self, musically I just feel like so many of these tracks wold fit right in with the original albums (and don't get me wrong - I LOVE the last two albums). This one is just an absolute blast to listen to over and over.

Safe :drool:

He has a voice that can melt butter :heart:

uk tour dates announced:
Wednesday 18th May 2011 Newcastle Metro Radio Arena
Thursday 19th May 2011 Glasgow SECC
Saturday 21st May 2011 Birmingham LG Arena
Sunday 22nd May 2011 Nottingham Capital FM Arena
Monday 23rd May 2011 Liverpool Echo Arena
Saturday 28th May 2011 London The O2 Arena
Monday 30th May 2011 Brighton Centre
Tuesday 31st May 2011 Bournemouth International Centre
Wednesday 1st June 2011 Cardiff International Arena
Friday 3rd June 2011 Manchester MEN Arena
Saturday 4th June 2011 Sheffield Motorpoint Arena

Planet earth is one of my favorites to sing aloud in my car. If I make it to coachella, I'm definitely seeing them

Being honest they are a band I have ignored for years,just never got into them. But I love the song all you need is now,its got swagger. I might have to dive deeper into the back catalog!

thought i'd post it in here to, i told khan on facebook the other day i was excited to hear what i thought was a Duran Duran song i enjoyed at the gym, West End Girls. turns out it's by the Pet Shop Boys.

Back
Top Bottom