Duran Duran Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got 8th row on JT's side for the LA 5/4 show at the Nokia Theatre. It will be fun!!! DD always puts on a fun show.

oktobergirl said:
I got 8th row on JT's side for the LA 5/4 show at the Nokia Theatre. It will be fun!!! DD always puts on a fun show.

I got an email today with Pre-sale information, but it says the pre-sale starts tomorrow :scratch: Don't know if we'll be going or not...

Lila,

I got in on the Citi presale.
The AEG presale is tomorrow at 10am.

the regular onsale is:
Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Mon, 03/24/08 10:00 AM PDT

If you go let me know we can meet up.

i just found out my mom rescheduled her surgery for the next week so we're going to the atlanta concert :lol:

the presale is tomorrow morning, so i'm gonna get up early and purchase the tickets :crack:

WOOO HOOO!!! GOT TIX! :yippie: :hyper:

Not bad seats either.. :D Just wasn't gonna pay 125 bucks to get that close but these are right there.. Small venue so it should be all good.

Tickets are still available on Ticketmaster for the Las Vegas show but it's a little ridiculous that they're over a hundred dollars each.

it is ridiculous but not so much for Vegas.. Overpriced everything over there.. But here in Columbia, MD...125 dollars for a ticket?? now that is just stupid...:mad:

I got 2nd row loge on the right side which is right behind the first sections in front of the stage.. mind you a not big venue for 75 dollars.. That was my limit..

U2Fanatic4ever said:
it is ridiculous but not so much for Vegas.. Overpriced everything over there..

I've never paid that much for a show here, especially at The Joint.

Not even close.

Actually, now that I think about it, the only show I've ever paid that much for in Vegas was the last time I saw Duran Duran here :lol:

beegee said:
Actually, now that I think about it, the only show I've ever paid that much for in Vegas was the last time I saw Duran Duran here :lol:

I was at the show at the joint. It was like 90 dollars I think. I bought the mid priced seats this time. Still about 90 bucks after ticketbastard fees but i don't need to be in the orchestra pit at Nokia.

DD always prices their tickets high. It kind of irks me but I guess if they can get it, they're gonna charge it. :huh:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
it is ridiculous but not so much for Vegas.. Overpriced everything over there.. But here in Columbia, MD...125 dollars for a ticket?? now that is just stupid...:mad:
my mom has seen tons of shows at merriweather, having grown up in that area. she told me that she remembers seeing all sorts of bands when she was my age - now she did just go sit on the lawn - for $5!! the lawn prices were like what, $75 or something? utterly ridiculous.

Concert tix are just ridiculously priced these days, especially with the economy. I didn't buy tix for DD, or that other show one4u2. They are still priced out of this world :sigh:

KhanadaRhodes said:

my mom has seen tons of shows at merriweather, having grown up in that area. she told me that she remembers seeing all sorts of bands when she was my age - now she did just go sit on the lawn - for $5!! the lawn prices were like what, $75 or something? utterly ridiculous.

no.. lawn tix for this show are $40. The price range was $40-125.:huh:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
no.. lawn tix for this show are $40. The price range was $40-125.:huh:
lol, oops. still, that's eight times as much as when she saw people. granted that was a long time ago, but still...i wouldn't pay $40 just to sit on the grass :|

don't even get me started on the prices of their vip packages!! those are astronomical! they're usually between $300-400. for one ticket. i mean yeah you get primo seats, a chance to meet the band, and other crap, but come on. i'd rather pay half that and just get the good seats. i got the vip seats one time and the merchandise was a lame ass towel. oooooh, big deal. and duran duran and U2 are the two bands i like most that i couldn't care less about meeting. with duran duran it's like...if it happens, it happens. if i were to find out i could go behind the building and catch them as they left, sure i'd be like "hey can i have your autograph?" but that's about it. U2 are just so huge i don't even want to bother, since it'd be me and 5000 other fans trying to get an autograph. no thanks.

Lila64 said:
Concert tix are just ridiculously priced these days, especially with the economy. I didn't buy tix for DD, or that other show one4u2. They are still priced out of this world :sigh:

:tsk:

:wink:

I decided I needed to see Duran Duran much more than I need to see The Swell Season, so I bought me a shiny new Duran ticket and am trying to sell the other.

I want my Duran Duran, dammit.

I had bought a VHS copy of Sing Blue Silver a few years ago but never got around to watching it. So I watch it the other day ... oh man, did it bring back memories.

I had been thinking I really didn't remember much of the film, but watching it, I realized that back in the day, my best Durannie friend and I practically had all the band members' quips and whatnots memorized word for word.

And man, can teenaged girls scream or what? I don't think there's a comparable sound on earth to the sound of thousands of teenaged girls shrieking. :yikes:

corianderstem said:
I had bought a VHS copy of Sing Blue Silver a few years ago but never got around to watching it. So I watch it the other day ... oh man, did it bring back memories.

I had been thinking I really didn't remember much of the film, but watching it, I realized that back in the day, my best Durannie friend and I practically had all the band members' quips and whatnots memorized word for word.

And man, can teenaged girls scream or what? I don't think there's a comparable sound on earth to the sound of thousands of teenaged girls shrieking. :yikes:

I own that and I love it! Makes me feel so ancient; that was around the time I first saw them live. Good times...

I too knew most of the lines love Simon asking for a wristband and Nick being carried away from the video game right before going on stage lol

one4u2 said:

I too knew most of the lines love Simon asking for a wristband and Nick being carried away from the video game right before going on stage lol

"simon le bon wears yellow underwear" (in dorky american accent)

"I'm looking outside the window and its... snowing" :p

"Hello, Good Evening and welcome to our show!"

"We'll have to spend more time in nightclubs!! That's the answer!"

:shifty:

Going to see the band again tomorrow night at the OC Fair. I heard they are recording a new album w/ Mick Ronson and it's supposed to be back to basics.

Going to see the band again tomorrow night at the OC Fair. I heard they are recording a new album w/ Mick Ronson and it's supposed to be back to basics.

:lol: You and I are always going to the same shows. Didn't you go to the Jimmy Kimmel Depeche Mode thing on Hollywood and Vine too?

I'm excited to see the double-D tonight! :hyper: I hope they play 'Wild Boys' b/c they always rock the f*** out of that one!! :drool: :combust:

:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom