DJ AM, R.I.P. :sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
DJ AM Dies | TMZ.com

Law enforcement sources tell us DJ AM -- also known as Adam Goldstein -- was found dead this afternoon in New York City.

Sources tell us he was found in his apartment at around 5:20 PM. We're told drug paraphernalia was found at the scene.

Our sources say DJ AM had not been seen or heard from for a few days -- one of his friends went to check on him, but got no response after knocking on his apartment door.

We're told the friend called the police, who broke down the door and then found DJ AM's body.

Back in September of 2008, DJ AM and Travis Barker survived a plane crash in South Carolina. Four people died in the crash -- which was caused when the airplane aborted takeoff and then ran off the runway. DJ AM and Barker were the only survivors.

Story developing...

Read more: DJ AM Dies | TMZ.com

Yeah, I don't know if "poor guy" is the right reaction here. Dude had a near-death experience, and instead of turning that into something positive, he ODs in a hotel room? It may be harsh, but the first thing that comes to my mind is "idiot".

Travis Barker is probably going to be living a pretty cautious existence from here on out...

Yeah, I don't know if "poor guy" is the right reaction here. Dude had a near-death experience, and instead of turning that into something positive, he ODs in a hotel room? It may be harsh, but the first thing that comes to my mind is "idiot".

Travis Barker is probably going to be living a pretty cautious existence from here on out...

My thoughts exactly.

I was on the list to see this dude (and Matt & Kim) at a bar a few weeks ago but wound up going out of town. A friend of mine who went said it was awesome, so apparently he was quite a talent. All I know is the plane story.

Drugs.
Are.
Bad.

mackey.jpg

RT @JONAKALILMAN ITS SAD HOW DJ AM DIED BUT IT SHOWS YOU NOT TO FUCK WIT DRUGS IT CAN EASILY HAPPEN TO ANYBODY BUT RIP DJ AM N HE WASNT THE BST DJ !!!!

Well I'm glad that's cleared up.

Perhaps the post-traumatic stress of the accident and survivor's guilt were too overwhelming :shrug:

I guess that's possible, sure. But if he were suffering that badly from all of that, it would have impacted his work, too, no? And I don't think there's any tangible evidence of that. Besides, crack seems like an odd way to cope with stress and guilt. But, yeah, anything is possible.

I just find it hard to conjure up too much sympathy when his room seems like it was a mini-drug den. Maybe I'm too harsh when it comes to such things. :shrug:

So what Dalton is hypothesizing here is that this is all just viral marketing for The Final Destination.

I'm sure it's real easy to judge someone's life from the outside look in, through the internet... And it's even easy to say someone's place looked like a drug-den when told to you from a fourth hand perspective.

I'm sure it's real easy to judge someone's life from the outside look in, through the internet... And it's even easy to say someone's place looked like a drug-den when told to you from a fourth hand perspective.

Yes, it is.

I don't really have a problem making a judgement based on what I read. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, won't be the first time, won't be the last. The cops found a crack pipe in his apartment, though, that much seems clear. I mean, if my terminology is a little hyperbolic, fine then, but, he HAD A CRACK PIPE in his apartment, and he had just finished doing a show about drug addiction. Not sure that it's a stretch to assume drugs played a part in his death. I know a lot of people that have dealt with, and are currently dealing with depression, and not one of them are on fucking crack, nor do they even own a crack pipe (just in case DJ AM was not on crack, but, you know, happened to have a crack pipe in the apartment, for emergencies). Nor do they consent to do documentaries for MTV, a cure-all if ever there was one.

There's a Ted Kennedy RIP thread, and I posted my respects in there. There was a thread for John Hughes, I posted my respects in there. (Let's put aside the questionable nature of mourning on the internet for people you don't even know) I'm not going from death thread to death thread and showing disrespect. It's just hard for me to conjure up much sympathy when it SEEMS like this man made major contributions towards his own demise. That's just how I feel, that's how I look at the use of recreational drugs.

And, BVS, no long-winded reply of yours is going to make me feel differently, in case you're foaming at the mouth getting ready to tell me that how I feel or think is wrong. I know that you are burdened not only with having the correct opinion all the time, but with the insatiable need to let everyone know that their opinion is incorrect. In this case, though, save it for Financeguy or Indy500.

Perhaps the post-traumatic stress due to the accident and survivor's guilt were too overwhelming :shrug:

I read that he was suffering from depression as a result of the accident. Who knows. Who knows why someone has to suffer psychological reprecussions and can't just have that fluffy "I'm so happy to be alive!" feeling, but it looks like he did. Either way, so unfortunate. RIP.

lmao @ the "crack pipe." Are they sure it's not a bowl? If my college roommate was found dead in our apartment they might have thought she had a crack pipe too. They also would have thought our apartment was a "drug den", when, in fact, it was not. lulz

But yeah, addiction makes me sad. I see I'm pretty much alone in that sentiment in this thread and that's okay with me. Everyone has different experiences. :shrug:

Was your roommate formerly addicted to crack? I'm thinking not.

I only ask because this dude was at one point addicted to crack. This is not a recent phenomenon with this guy, not sure if you know that or not.

lmao @ the "crack pipe." Are they sure it's not a bowl? If my college roommate was found dead in our apartment they might have thought she had a crack pipe too. They also would have thought our apartment was a "drug den", when, in fact, it was not. lulz

But yeah, addiction makes me sad. I see I'm pretty much alone in that sentiment in this thread and that's okay with me. Everyone has different experiences. :shrug:

It may have been a bowl, but the bag of crack between his legs still has me leaning towards the crack scenario being discussed.

It may have been a bowl, but the bag of crack between his legs still has me leaning towards the crack scenario being discussed.

Sorry dude. Haven't read the frillion updates on his death since last night. Didn't see mention of actual crack in what I first read. Just pills and such. Oh, well.

ETA: how sad is it that I/we consider TMZ an actual news source? wow.

Sorry dude. Haven't read the frillion updates on his death since last night. Didn't see mention of actual crack in what I first read. Just pills and such. Oh, well.

ETA: how sad is it that I/we consider TMZ an actual news source? wow.

No worries. I don't actually know who this guy is. Though I'm sure there is a frat boy pontificating right now about what AM and MJ are doing in heaven right now.

I don't even know much about TMZ. When they print something like that, are they usually correct? Meaning, are they like a tabloid, or do they just get a lot of inside information?

Back
Top Bottom