Dismemberment Plan & spinoffs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-2560x16001.jpg

:lol:

Yeah, I don't give a fuck if you bump it or not. Sounds like good news to me, and I like good news.

I was just excited that it sounds like we'll be hearing something really soon. If you want annoying, I could start posting every picture of every member of the band ever taken by anyone, like the Muse thread.

http://dismembermentplan.com/news/d...release-uncanney-valley-lp-on-october-152_429

The Dismemberment Plan is pleased to announce that on October 15, it will release Uncanney Valley, its fifth LP and first since 2001's Change.

This music will be available for digital download. It will also be sold in the compact disc and vinyl 12" formats.

We are very happy with how it turned out and can't wait for everyone to hear it... we're also super excited to play these songs at shows this fall.

We will have much more to share in the coming months! So exciting. For now, we leave you with the track list. Enjoy!

No One's Saying Nothing
Waiting
Invisible
White Collar White Trash
Living In Song
Lookin'
Daddy Was A Real Good Dancer
Mexico City Christmas
Go And Get It
Let's Just Go To The Dogs Tonight

The Dismemberment Plan Announce New Album Uncanney Valley | News | Pitchfork

It's called Uncanney Valley and it's out October 15 via Partisan. (Yes, "uncanney" is purposefully misspelled.)

The album was produced by J. Robbins and mixed by Paul Kolderie at Magpie Cage in Baltimore. Song titles include "Invisible", "Lookin", "Waiting", "Mexico City Christmas", and "Daddy Was a Real Good Dancer". The D-Plan played some of these songs live last summer.

"We never psyched ourselves out and thought, ‘NOW we're making a Plan record," said guitarist Jason Caddell in a press release. "It was more like stay calm and play on." Frontman Travis Morrison added, "We weren't going to get anything good unless we could trick ourselves into staying in that place where it was creativity for its own sake. It was a real blessing and opportunity to be in that space again without thinking we had a product to deliver."

I don't want to say this will probably be my AOTY just yet, but I will say that I am very excited.

It sounds like Change meets Of Montreal with Travis Morrison doing a white boy rap over the top. I don't know how I feel about it yet, it's easily the most sugary track they've released. Parts of it I really like (the guitar in the pre chorus sounds heavenly) and parts I find a bit grating (really can't get into the vocal, mainly).

I'm going to go out on a limb and say this will get a great response when I see them in September :drool:

Back
Top Bottom