Desert Island X: Survivor Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote for your LEAST FAVORITE list

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And now it's harder.

I think I'm going to have to go with Cobbler, though. While I liked the list, there was just a small something missing, but seriously, I love all of these lists.

Sorry, PFan. I just don't think there is enough diversity in your list. But triple bonus points for having Jubilee Street on there.

Whoa, this is going to be an interesting round.

Cobbler's going to vote for me and IWB voted for Phanan in round 1, so it wouldn't surprise me to see a brief 7-way tie. :lol:

Pretty sure padj's list is the only one left that I really liked, but I can't see the poll on the app. And god forbid I try to go here via safari. Can't get it to stop forcing the App Store open to spam ads for uber at me unless I turn off java script, and if I turn that off I can't log in or see the poll.

These are, uh, some interesting results. I'd be disappointed if Cobbler got knocked out already, his list was one of my favorites.

With absolutely no consensus whatsoever, it really wouldn't surprise me if we had a double or triple elimination this round.

Last edited:
We're at 9 votes now and did 11-12 over the last two rounds. Let's get a couple more, maybe break this double elimination we've got going.

Not sure that's the optimum approach; we want people reviewing the lists at their own pace and not just having the list of names read off to them and urging them to just pick something already.

If she doesn't vote, she doesn't vote. Ups and downs happen in vote totals and sometimes people get fucked over.

But yeah, I'll be disappointed if Peef and Cobbs go this early. Those lists are tops.

I'm not saying IWB shouldn't vote at all (I had seen her earlier post about her browser issues), but rather that El Mel shouldn't just PM her the options and say "pick one!" as that causes a certain pressure, for lack of a better word.

On the other hand, if IWB takes the initiative and PMs El Mel her choice un-prodded, that feels a bit more democratic.

Sorry, PFan. I just don't think there is enough diversity in your list. But triple bonus points for having Jubilee Street on there.
LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

This is probably going to be my last DI. I don't listen to enough music outside the tastes of this forum to compete.

LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE.

This is probably going to be my last DI. I don't listen to enough music outside the tastes of this forum to compete.

You should definitely stick around. Everyone dug your list. Who gives a damn what I think.

Ha, I was busting your balls, I'm not offended at all. And furthermore, you were right. There are too many people doing too many interesting things that introduce people to new music for me to feel right about doing this again. It seems like people generally liked my list (you did too, I remember your original review), which greatly pleases me, but for the time being I've run my course I think. As Bono said before he died in that bike accident, "I've gotta dream it all up again" or whatever.

I think of your lists as a nice homecooked meal full of ingredients I enjoy. In a crowd of lists like mine that are actively trying to introduce people to stuff, your lists lighten up the listening process. It's good that not everyone did genre or decade lists like Phanan, Gump or I did.

But if you don't want to participate again or take a break, that's cool too. Just wanted to say that I appreciate your contributions.

Last edited:
well there's your 3 way tie. meant to come here this morning when i was on the computer, but forgot about it.

:lol: Yep, there it is.

Why did you vote for Laz last round, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:
:lol: Yep, there it is.

Why did you vote for Laz last round, if you don't mind me asking?

because i forgot phanan was still there. laz is probably next. or yours, whatever. padj's list is the only one of my favorites that made it to the voting portion, so it wasn't a huge deal for me to say hey, correct that for me?

Back
Top Bottom