Desert Island VIII Master List, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Joey on Part 1. Tracks 1-7. I like breaking it in smaller incerments it helps me to remember the highlights better.

I love the scretch from She & Him to Peter Bjorn and Mary for the girl voices. YAY for "Young Folks." I feel honored, Joey to see "Young Folks" and "Love is Noise" in your playlist, esp. that you could of have been influenced from inclusion of those songs from my previous DI. Wilco was a great follow up. I believe this is one of their best songs. And White Stripes was a good way to start the playlist and Aracde Fire was a great transition. Great job so far, Joey. :up:

Joey, I fininshed Part 1. I enjoyed everything, esp. the transition from "Shiver" to "Maps." And great way to end the playlist. One thing that stood out for me in your playlist was the inclusion of many female rock singers which seems to be rare thing sometimes. There are many rising up in the indie scene, but they aren't mentioned enough in my opinion compared to guy singers. It makes me wish I would've have included more female singers on my DI.

I will get to Part 2. sometime soon.

Finished up all he rest of the parts, Joey. Part 3. and Part 4. were my favorites. Part 2. was good but I wasn't completely blown away like was with Part 3. and 4. But every part had good songs and ones I didn't care for much. I really enjoyed how the sound and the message was getting darker in Part 3. And I like how the message gets promising in the end towards the end of Part 4. Props for including one of my favorite U2 songs of all time, "Slug." I know it's "Passengers" but I put U2 and them in the same category in my mind. "Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was" was an awesome transition. I like the song, "A Drowning" it sounds like angelic choir singing in the background and it's ironic that it's from a band called How to Destroy Angels. The only thing I didn't like at all that stands out was the "I Know Where You Sleep" song and the NIN song. I am not a big industrial rock music fan. I can find it annoying and repetitive to say the least. But other than that, a very beautiful playlist, Joey. :up:

Thanks!

I'm a big fan of female songwriters as well, especially the many awesome ones coming out of indie rock these days. Already a couple of new bands I'm listening to this year have female singers as well, like Ebsen and the Witch. Good stuff. :up:

Glad you liked the playlist!

Some very late feedback from me.

I listened to the list by phanan a while ago and it lived up to every expectation I had. One of the finest and most inspired lists I've heard in the history of the game. Really the only thing I didn't like was about five minutes more of Led Zep than I find healthy to withstand in any given calendar year. Thanks for reminding me that there was a time when Metallica didn't suck, and I was stunned how well Headphone Dust worked after Fade To Black; on paper, that looked like your one shonky transition. I won't point out highlights because that would necessitate typing out almost the whole list, except to say that you could have hardly chosen a better opener, as the first four minutes of Ecailles de Lune (Part I) are the best four minutes of music I've heard from 2010.

IWasBored, your list surprised me. The first few songs really weren't to my tastes and I started to fear getting through the list would be a chore. However, it really picked up, and I think it's a great example of a list being more than the sum of its parts. Everything seemed to make sense together, so I was a bit more forgiving of some tracks I didn't like than I otherwise might've been. The end of the first half and the opening trio of the second half were probably my favourite parts. And as somebody who isn't much fond of William Shatner, who knew he could do a good song!

Joey788, the second part was your best. I really liked how it got darker and, for me, a whole lot more interesting. You did a great job of building up to a climax, and that climax is consequently the highlight of your list. I probably would've liked this part even more if it hadn't begun with the one Verve song I truly hate! I'm sorry but I really didn't think much of the third part, even though it began with the exceptional Slug; I'm not quite sure what possessed you to use a Paramore song or anything from Linkin Park's latest. As for the first part, I found it a bit patchy. That said, I didn't expect to enjoy the opening trio much, since I don't like the first two and think Boyfriend is one of the weakest tracks on Crazy For You, but they actually worked pretty well together.

Back
Top Bottom