Desert Island VI Album Game: FINAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the playlist you like the most.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
that's a good point. I know a lot of my song choices aren't singles, for example. I'm sure that will be true for a lot of people, so we'd probably get a lot of different selections

making a best of decade DI sounds so much better than doing homework right now :lol:

I think it'd probably be more diverse than we expect. Even if I'm already familiar with what people choose, if somebody can take those songs and make them into a cohesive list, they'd get my vote.

:lol: Hell yeah it does.

I think it'd probably be more diverse than we expect. Even if I'm already familiar with what people choose, if somebody can take those songs and make them into a cohesive list, they'd get my vote.

:lol: Hell yeah it does.

Yes.

I've been working on a DI-esque list for like a month, even if I don't end up submitting it. Time-wasting FTW. If the Best of the '00s thing attracts a wide array of people, I'd be down with doing it.

Best of 2000s sounds like a good idea. No idea if I'll do it, but it's inspired.

I'm pretty gung-ho for this. I already know what I want to do, and it's ain't gonna be pretty :lol:

I'm all for Best Of 2000s.

A best of decade is intriguing, although I wonder how much different some lists will be. I think quite a few people will have a lot of similar artists.

At least you can count on me to throw in stuff nobody else will include. :wink:

Any Best Of 2000s list from me will have TEH METTTAAAOOOOLLL and more post-rock than all the other lists combined.

Whether or not it's a mini-DI or a full version, I think the restriction on re-using previous songs should be removed for this.

I'm all for Best Of 2000s.

At least you can count on me to throw in stuff nobody else will include. :wink:

Any Best Of 2000s list from me will have TEH METTTAAAOOOOLLL and more post-rock than all the other lists combined.

Whether or not it's a mini-DI or a full version, I think the restriction on re-using previous songs should be removed for this.

:up:

off-topic but

someday axver I will send you good recordings of my band which i play guitar in

we're pretty much a mix of progressive metal and post-rock ... the singer/other guitarist who i wrote the songs with, his two favourite bands are Opeth and Porcupine Tree :) our songs range from 5-12 minutes long. I think we might be pretentious enough for you. :wink:

but yea, my list will have some heavy stuff and probably some post-rock :up:

Yeah, that was my concern as well, but as you and others state, we get plenty of that with regular DI anyway.

Since we already have at least 8 people interested, we have enough for a mini-tournament here. Let's try for 16 spots and see what the interest would be. I'll post a sign-up thread later this morning.

If you missed it, I proposed a different method to DI previously. Let's test it on this mini and see how it goes. Hopefully this will get more people to actually listen to playlists, because I know that, despite a few people, most of you don't bother listening to all of these things, which I find amusing based on the amount of music listening that happens around here.

We could have 20 16 players, and once all playlists are submitted, everyone gets some time to listen to them, and then they would come up with a ranking of all the playlists. Each person submits their rankings to me, and based on those, we declare a winner.

No polls, no rounds, no worries about alters or questionable votes. We do a sign-up thread, a master list thread, and a results thread, with everyone's rankings. And that's it.

Sounds good. I'm down to try this new method out. The mini seems like a good testing ground, like you said.

Back
Top Bottom