Desert Island V Album Game: Rules and Signup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm thinkin I'm gonna stick with my 130 minute list.

I might add one more song if I'm feeling saucy.

I would support 120 minute lists for DI VI onwards. 160 minutes is just a relic of abandoned rules from DI I.

I think doing the running diary stuff makes it easier to listen to a list.

You still need the time to listen! :lol: I don't see how a chat thread helps with that. Unless I'm missing something.

You are. It's fun to discuss what you're hearing and have the one who made the list explain to you why they picked what they did and the background behind their choice. It also makes your vote a more educated one.

Yes, I fully support running diaries, they made me, not feel so bad about my RI list (which I for one loved, but the rest of you did not :madspit: :wink: )

In consideration of the number of participants, I'll keep the options open, but for now, let's take a wait and see approach. This thread isn't even 24 hours old, and we know people drop out all the time for different reasons, so let's see what happens.

Other than the colossal amount of bitching there was in DI4, it's not all that scary. Madonna's rack will protect you either way. :wink:

Yep... contributed a bit to that.

You still need the time to listen! :lol: I don't see how a chat thread helps with that. Unless I'm missing something.

You are. It's fun to discuss what you're hearing and have the one who made the list explain to you why they picked what they did and the background behind their choice. It also makes your vote a more educated one.

He's right, Zoots. It's like listening to the commentary track on a DVD, if you're into that sort of thing.

In consideration of the number of participants, I'll keep the options open, but for now, let's take a wait and see approach. This thread isn't even 24 hours old, and we know people drop out all the time for different reasons, so let's see what happens.

True.

Yep... contributed a bit to that.

Same here.

LemonMacPhisto said:
He's right, Zoots. It's like listening to the commentary track on a DVD, if you're into that sort of thing.

Personally, I find that sort of thing extremely entertaining (obviously, some commentaries are more entertaining than others), so the running diaries are a nerdy indulgence for me.

The commentary to Batman & Robin is the absolute best... the director apologizes for the movie as the scenes happen. That's fucking hilarious.

Question: Since everyone can PM now, would it be easier for people to get their lists out to others before the actual tourney began and make the proposed 24-person thing work out better?

Really? Wow, I have got to see that at some point. That's classic.

It's either that or he apologizes in the special features. Either way, that's still funny.

My buddy and I are going to record a commentary of Batman Forever sometime... that'll be fun.

It's either that or he apologizes in the special features. Either way, that's still funny.

My buddy and I are going to record a commentary of Batman Forever sometime... that'll be fun.

I'm going to do a commentary of Across The Universe with a friend one of these days. It'll be epic.

One day, I'm going to keep a running interference diary, and just comment on other people's posts, with the appropriate links and such. I'll have a field day. I can bring in special guests to pass judgement with me.

One day, I'm going to keep a running interference diary, and just comment on other people's posts, with the appropriate links and such. I'll have a field day. I can bring in special guests to pass judgement with me.

I believe THE HISTORIAN is planning such a feat.

I do hope I end up with a spot again this time. Mainly because I'm going with a much more mainstream approach than my last lists, and I actually hope to place anywhere above the bottom 4 this time around. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom