Desert Island V Album Game: Master List

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ultimate sin:

RegularBonoFan, say it ain't so! Some of your files are protected. You need to burn them to a cd, reimport them, and reupload them. The songs in question:

Them - "Gloria"
The Velvet Underground - "I'm Waiting For The Man"
David Bowie - "Space Oddity"
The Beach Boys - "Feel Flows"
Ozzy Osbourne - "Crazy Train"
Motley Crue - "Dr. Feelgood"
Heart - "Barracuda"
Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Pearl Jam - "Even Flow"
STP - "Plush"
Modest Mouse - "Float On"
Oasis - "Wonderwall"

At the very least, Even Flow can be copied from my list to hers.

Yes. In fact, I have about 1/3rd of those songs already, but if she's gonna have to burn a cd and reimport the songs, Even Flow would fit on said cd. :shrug:

The ultimate sin:

RegularBonoFan, say it ain't so! Some of your files are protected. You need to burn them to a cd, reimport them, and reupload them. The songs in question:

Them - "Gloria"
The Velvet Underground - "I'm Waiting For The Man"
David Bowie - "Space Oddity"
The Beach Boys - "Feel Flows"
Ozzy Osbourne - "Crazy Train"
Motley Crue - "Dr. Feelgood"
Heart - "Barracuda"
Queen - "Bohemian Rhapsody"
Pearl Jam - "Even Flow"
STP - "Plush"
Modest Mouse - "Float On"
Oasis - "Wonderwall"
:tsk:

*deducts points*

Also, if anyone is on a mac or something and needs DOL's wma files converted to aac, I already uploaded the aac versions for LMP, so just pm me.

I have a horrible feeling one of my tracks is protected too, although I didn't realise this until a few days ago. I tried to burn my list onto a couple of CDs, but the Afro Celt Sound System track wouldn't burn.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... iHate iTunes.

How can I fix this if I can't burn it onto a CD??

I mean, I could go and buy the physical album, although I'm not sure I can find it in a shop.

Thanks!

I won't mind buying it (again), cos I'd like to be able to burn those tracks anyway. Let me know if you can't find it...

So I just downloaded Mr. V's playlist and realized he included his artwork and comments there, so apologies for not seeing that previously. I'll request that Khan add them in to the Master List when I get home tonight.

Here's the cover and notes for Mr. V's playlist:

Ever since I was hooked by the film High Fidelity, I've wanted to start making and sharing compilation tapes. When I got word that Interference had a contest for this very artform, I was hard within seconds. So I committed to taking part in this contest, and when I began, I was planning on having no plan - that is, chucking some of my favourite songs together and trying to make them flow. However, for some reason I couldn't get that to work, so I soon threw that out the window, and started on a sort-of concept album. It's about love, girls, that whole chestnut. I tried to reflect it in the album art, which I whipped together quickly in Paint one night when I was bored, and I quite like, really. I didn't realise it at the time but it's inspired by/a ripoff of Is This It by The Strokes, one of my favourite albums (whose songs of which I couldn't find any room for here, unfortunately).

It follows a loose story - guy wants girl, guy gets girl, guy likes girl, guy has problems with girl, guy and girl are over. Most of us have been there to a degree. It's nothing particularly innovative - in fact, probably a bit overplayed - but I'm 18, and at the moment it's who I am and what I'm feeling, and to be honest it wouldn't be right for me to put out some pretentious bullshit for the sake of impressing you guys. In terms of music, this is a real mixed bag, to an extent. While there's no insane genre-crossing, there's songs from different eras, countries and genres. I tried to make the selection a mixture of my favourite songs, the best songs from a few of the artists, and a few songs that I don't think too many of you would have heard. Sadly there's a lot of songs or artists I couldn't fit in here - not because of time restraints but because they just didn't fit. Oh well, there's always next time - for which I'm already planning...

The end result is something that I'm really happy with. I was planning to to be short (between 40-50 minutes, like most albums, sorta), but towards the end I remembered a few old favourites and found a way to throw them in, so it just clocks in at around an hour and ten minutes. Even though I'm very fond of this playlist - it's something I've lived with and toyed with and listened to for around a month now - I'm all ears in terms of feedback, not only for song choice (even though I think all the songs here are rad), but for the order and the cohesiveness and all that. Given it's my first such playlist, I think it's only fair. In fact, that's one of the things that makes these contests so attractive to me. If I can pick up a handful of new songs, a few new favourite artists, and find new ways of listening to old favourites, then it doesn't matter if I don't make it out of the group stages, or win the whole bloody thing.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed putting it together. I give you... All You Ever Wanted.

Granted, I haven't finished listening to everyone's list yet. :shifty: But I hope to finish a few more by sunday! :up:

I was thinking either this upcoming Monday or the following Monday, depending on how people are coming with their listening...

Either one sounds good. Has a schedule been made up yet, or is it too soon for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom