Desert Island Mini - LP Island - Rules & Sign Up Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure I recall spoiler tags being used for long overviews in the past?

And re: earlier discussion, yeah there's no way I'm indulgent enough to inflict two lists on you people. I think I've settled on which one to submit—the one that has no real potential to ever be turned into a full-size DI entry.

Thanks, Ax. That’s what I ended up doing in my submission to LN7.

How strict are we going to be with the 80 minutes? I mean, if it's 80 minutes and 10 seconds, is anyone going to care?

Someone didn’t read the very clear rules that I don’t care about technicalities[emoji14] You have 80 minutes, be courteous of others, if it’s 80.1 you’re fine. If it’s 83 where you have a song that is 2.5 minutes, get out of town.

Last edited:
My list is in.

I always forget how long it takes to write out those tracklistings from scratch. :lol:

Last edited:
My list is in.

I always forget how long it takes to write out those tracklistings from scratch. :lol:

Last time I found a way to export the playlist into a text document, which made the whole thing easier, but I forgot how I did it and ended up going manual again this time.

Cobbler get it together. I had a song or two in my playlist that made me specifically think of you when putting it together.

List is in! Been done for ages just procrastinated on writing it up.

There are a couple of websites that can export your list to text, not perfect but saves a bit of time in writing it up.

Given that I won’t be able to get to making a thread until the weekend, there’s a cobbler extension valid until COB April 23 being issued today.

Cool, I should be able to get mine in by the 23rd.

I'm excited to listen to everybody else's lists.

Cool, I should be able to get mine in by the 23rd.

I'm excited to listen to everybody else's lists.

Really looking forward to yours, GAF, one of my very favorite ones last time around.

Question for LN7: how many lists do we have at this point?

We have a quality amount (10) submissions but I’m happy to yield if anyone has an emergency submission period request. Otherwise, midnight tonight folks.

Expect the festivities to begin tomorrow night. Also, while order will be chosen at random, please let me know if you have any extraneous circumstances in the immediate two weeks that would hamper your participation as a listener. “I’m busy” doesn’t cut it but “I have a two year old and I am knocked out with my Covid vaccine” might be a good reason to move your list up front.

My wife is scheduled to be induced to give birth to our third child on Monday morning.

Back
Top Bottom