Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
\drive by

Honda Center in Anaheim - August 19, 2009
PreSale thru KROQ, if anyone is interested.

Here's your shot to score tickets in our exclusive KROQ Street Team Presale!
• On Friday, March 27th at 10am, log on to the Depeche Mode ticketmaster page
• Search: Depeche Mode
• Select the date 8/19/09
• In the password box enter: xxxxxxxxxx
• Tickets are $49-$99 + fees
• 8 ticket limit
• Major credit card required
• Advance on-sale ends Friday, March 27th at 10pm or when the ticket allocation is gone
• If you are unable to buy tickets during the presale, you can still try and buy them during the public on-sale Monday, March 30th at 10am at ticketmaster.com.

PM for password :shifty:

drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip

drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip

SWEEEEEET!!!!! Thanks man!

Ohh something leaked?

Apparently. The torrent I've got is going really slowly though. you'd think that a new leak would have a lot of seeders. I'll let you know in a few hours :crack:

want it in the mean time?

Album's all right. Kind of like DM's version of No Line on the Horizon, to my ears--couple good tracks, very safe/inoffensive tracks, and rather boring. Playing the Angel rampaged and crooned in equal measure to oftentimes spectacular effect, but this one pretty much just...kinda ambles along. Only one listen in, though, so don't crucify me. I didn't particularly enjoy my first spin of Kid A, either. Also, while it's only a leak (and only one leak, too--there are two different versions floating around, and they apparently sound more than noticeably different), Hillier's work sounded a lot better and a lot less Elbow-mellow (Melbow, we'll call it) than on this one. Stupid Jarvis Cocker, making post-Britpop so conscious of/stupidly hung up on soul/balladeering!

"Wrong" remains a single for the ages. "In Chains" = solid. "Corrupt," the closer, works wonders. Closes the album on a great, snyth-sleaze way. Will have to listen again.

Album's all right. Kind of like DM's version of No Line on the Horizon, to my ears--couple good tracks, very safe/inoffensive tracks, and rather boring. Playing the Angel rampaged and crooned in equal measure to oftentimes spectacular effect, but this one pretty much just...kinda ambles along. Only one listen in, though, so don't crucify me. I didn't particularly enjoy my first spin of Kid A, either. Also, while it's only a leak (and only one leak, too--there are two different versions floating around, and they apparently sound more than noticeably different), Hillier's work sounded a lot better and a lot less Elbow-mellow (Melbow, we'll call it) than on this one. Stupid Jarvis Cocker, making post-Britpop so conscious of/stupidly hung up on soul/balladeering!

"Wrong" remains a single for the ages. "In Chains" = solid. "Corrupt," the closer, works wonders. Closes the album on a great, snyth-sleaze way. Will have to listen again.

I'll take that over "It fucking sucks" any day (except maybe the boring part). Maybe it'll be a grower? how big was the file you downloaded? this ones 168.4 mb. oh, and excuse my ignorance, but whats the jarvis cocker reference all about?

Apparently. The torrent I've got is going really slowly though. you'd think that a new leak would have a lot of seeders. I'll let you know in a few hours :crack:

want it in the mean time?

It's available in plenty of blogs that take minutes to download, just so you know. The one I found is at 192kps, overall somewhere around 73 mb.

Gonna take a quick first listen now.

I'll take that over "It fucking sucks" any day (except maybe the boring part). Maybe it'll be a grower? how big was the file you downloaded? this ones 168.4 mb. oh, and excuse my ignorance, but whats the jarvis cocker reference all about?

I got the SoTU MASTERED version, but I don't torrent music. Not sure about what you're grabbing, as a result. I don't believe in stealing (nor am I accusing you, so no worries!). I really am just trying before I buy, and I don't upload to people I don't trust/know (ie, I don't upload the 143984 people leeching torrents, you know?). It was 128.4, and I am now grabbing the other one, which is just labeled SoTU. It's only 80, and seems to be the one that people prefer.

Definitely doesn't fucking suck, at least after one listen. Not at all. As for Jarvis...I don't even want to get into it, really. Just listen to This is Hardcore, then one of the Coldplay albums, then anything by Elbow (who has plenty of good tracks), and know that this is not what Britpop was supposed to spiral down into. Ugh. Damn it. :wink:

Also, I think that Playing the Angel sounded hungry. This sounds a lot more content than anything else. Good for them, personally, but it doesn't make for as interesting a listen.

pssst, phanan, i suck at the internet. any chance you can point me in the right direction? I really did look

I understand what you guys mean about inoffensive, content, etc. I like it, but only a few tracks really jumped out at me. It seems like an album thats going to take some time to really get a feel for each song. Right now, they all almost seem to meld into one. That sounds really shitty, but some really solid albums have started out that way to me. The first time I listened to In Rainbows, it sounded like an awkward mess (I dont understand how that was possible anymore either). I'm not claiming that this is as good an album as In Rainbows, just that its going to take some time to figure out.......I hope i figure it out :|

Wow I'm only on the first song but I highly recommend listening with headphones. :drool:

i like it. there are some songs that i'll end up skipping, but it's a good album.

the one big complaint i have though is that the demo version of "Come Back" walks all over the album version.

I sadly dont think that I like this very much. I definitely enjoy several songs (including "Come Back," which I prefer to the demo, "In Chains," "Corrupt," and...well, probably something), but I'm disappointed. I only hate "Spacewalker," but the disappointment factor is high. Angel stomped all over my lowered expectations, and "Wrong" really came out with all guns blazing, but this just sounds like Exciter, only with fewer gems and more filler. Four listens, and it's really just 4 songs...13 times. Meh. I look forward to the single mixes of whichever singles the band releases. Those have often vastly improved on so-so album mixes, in the past.

If You Shout, I know what you mean about 4 songs 13 times. I guess thats what I was getting at with the 'whole album melding together into one' comment. There is definitely a sound that runs throughout the entire thing. Sometimes with albums like this, the subtleties reveal themselves over multiple listens. And sometimes the album is just what you heard on the first couple listens. It remains to be seen what category this one falls into. There is a lot going on in the songs. Lots of layers and sounds. So I'm hoping the album will give back as much as I put in. There are some good tunes though. I really like Fragile Tension. At first I was disappointed by the album version of Come Back (the demo was fucking gorgeous) but I think its good in its own right. Love the 'Close Encounters' deep synth on it

It's funny to read the replies at the DM board. They're all like 'OMG THIS IS THE BEST ALBUM EVER ALL THE SONGS ARE SO GREAT OMG THIS IS THE BEST DM HAS EVER DONE!!!!!!11!!'

They sound like us when NLOTH leaked. :lol:

which album is their Pop?

I would say Ultra. I love Ultra, but its seem a lot of people were disappointed by it. Coincidentally, it came out at the same time as Pop did

It's funny to read the replies at the DM board. They're all like 'OMG THIS IS THE BEST ALBUM EVER ALL THE SONGS ARE SO GREAT OMG THIS IS THE BEST DM HAS EVER DONE!!!!!!11!!'

They sound like us when NLOTH leaked. :lol:

lol, i was reading their forum yesterday and thought the exact same thing.

Back
Top Bottom