Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There are definitely songs that will be skipped on this, but overall, I'm enjoying the album. Not as good as Playing The Angel, though.

And I prefer the album version of Come Back over the demo.

Wow, I think you guys were being a little too harsh on this album. I really like it . . . a lot. A lot of it is very old school, 80s Depeche. :drool:

I've got 3 more songs to go, but I think I may like this one better than Playing The Angel.

'Fragile Tension' :drool: :drool: I knew this one was going to be great ever since we heard that leaked demo. :dance:

(Oh yeah, big thanks to Jive for the link! :up: :D )

Meh.. listened a few more times tonight. I'm just not feeling this album. It's just ehh blah bland boring to me. There are like 0 upbeat songs on this album. Give me MFTM and Violator over this any day. :depressed:

I'm actually much more enjoying Morrissey's new stuff.... :drool:

This is a grower album. I just wasn't feeling it until the 4th or 5th listen. Now I love it, but originally I hated it.

And Peace is one of the greatest songs ever written. Seriously.

Meh.. listened a few more times tonight. I'm just not feeling this album. It's just ehh blah bland boring to me. There are like 0 upbeat songs on this album. Give me MFTM and Violator over this any day. :depressed:

Well yeah, Music For The Masses and Violator were their peak -- they're never going to top those, that's kind of a given.

But, to each her own. I really like this new album. It reminds me a lot of the mood and texture of Ultra (which is my favorite DM 90's album), but with a throwback to the DM sound of early 80's and some Violator era sounds.

Big :up: from Fitz!

:applaud:

I still haven't heard it.:|

Someone here send my a link, but it did not load in my Mac.....I'm gonna buy it later I guess.

I've listened to it several times, and I'm all over the place with the album. I enjoy it initially, but grow weary of it as it heads into the second half. Too many slower tempo songs, which in itself isn't a bad thing, but I'm not feeling the melodies. :sad:

I guess I shouldn't be shocked at this. I prefer 'Violator' and beyond Depeche Mode, and a return to their 80's style isn't something I'm shaking hands with easily.

There's stuff I like/really like/love on the album, but it's just too much to take in one listen. This'll teach me to buy a floor seat for the tour before hearing the album. :doh:

Hole To Feed :up: :up:
Fragile Tension :up: :up:
Little Soul :up: :up:
In Sympathy :up: :up:
Peace :up: :up:
Perfect :up: :up:

I can stop there, it meets my "6 7 songs ranging from great to awesome" test

EDIT: Maybe there was something wrong with my player, but I missed Miles Away the first time. Fuck thats a great song too.

Great album. There's always songs I will skip, even U2's (although usually less lol)

EDIT 2: ok, Jezebel on the third listen is really growing on me. Nice showcase of the soul in his vocals.

I think Little Soul is the worst song on the album, apart from Spacewalker. Leave those two off, and you've got a bit leaner, a bit tighter album on your hands, although it still is a bit slow in the middle.

I personally love the last two songs, Jezebel and Corrupt.

Ok, I'll trade Jezebel or Corrupt for Little Soul, I'll agree there.

Also, I think if they had ended the album with In Chains I might have liked it better. Cause when I listen to it after another song I like it better.

Also, I think if they had ended the album with In Chains I might have liked it better. Cause when I listen to it after another song I like it better.

I think In Chains is the perfect opener. The album is all about the vintage synths (Moog?). It seems to be the thread that runs through its entirety. The beginning of In Chains is almost like the synths being fired up for the first time in years and stretching their legs

This record is painfully dull IMO. I could barely finish it. Hopefully there won't play many songs on it at the gig I'm attending in May.

Great, so remember how I won Depeche Mode tickets on the radio? They just called me to tell me they have them and they will be mailing them to me.
They are for the lawn. :( If I would have known that ahead of time I could have bought seat tickets when they went on sale. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom