Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Man, youre right about the deceiving name, but there are some really quality slower tunes on there (Goodnight Lovers, Freelove, When the Body Speaks). Maybe if they named it something more fitting (relaxer???? :p ) people would be more forgiving

How'd you make out today?

How'd you make out today?

Well, I usually work from home, but i couldnt this morning, so the friend I'm going with was in charge. We ended up with 400s again which was somewhat of a bummer, but we're right in the middle this time whereas the tickets yesterday were around the side, so its an improvement. Either way, its Depeche Mode, so I'm stoked :up:

And that new song is pretty good :up: me like. Is that a Dave Gahan contribution? Sounds like it might be

Sounds like something I've heard before. :hmm:

On another interesting note. I jointed the Depeche Mode forum so that I could ask some questions over there. And Jesus, people need to absolutely stop complaining about interference. At that board it took 2 full days before they approved my account! AND, you cant even edit your posts at all, and you cant post pics! ?? You can only link to pics. And you're not allowed to start 'Hi I'm new threads' :lol: :crack: Talk about fucked up rules. :doh:

oh yeah sicy, their forum's tough with that stuff. though to be fair, last time i went there (it's been nearly a year now) it's just brat and some other person running it. that's not a lot for an official forum, at least for a big band. but it would frustrate me when i'd notice a typo and couldn't fix it. :der:

but yeah, interference is way better than any other forum i go to, in one way or another. one forum has had search disabled (which you have to pay for to get access to) for over a year. :| thank god i paid for that years ago so i've already gotten my money's worth. i guess.

Yeah I'm trying to get used to that board. The not being able to edit your posts thing is driving me crazy. :crack:

I posted in a thread about what kind of DM stuff you have. This is what I posted...

dm88front.jpg

dm88back.jpg

dm882front.jpg

dm882back.jpg

dmtourbook87.jpg

Some guy went absolutely bonkers and offered me $100 for the Mode 88 shirt and $100 for the tour book. :ohmy:

A good alternative to the official DM forums is Home - Index. I've found that many artists' official forums are the worst ones to join and that you are usually better off seeking out the most happening fan-run forums.

"Come Back" :up:

hope this and Doves leak soon so i can finally give NLOTH a break for a little bit, though the new Phoenix album is stealing a little bit of my attention.

I remember when I was in high school and people were walking around with the Masses tour shirt (and the Joshua Tree ones too), and I just wasn't into the music at the time. 101 is my favorite DM album now and I'm bummed I got into them one album too late. Regrets, I've had a few...

I did have 3rd row for that AMAZING Devotional Tour, so I guess I can't complain.

Oh my god, the last post on page 2 now? The guy that claims DM is more creative than U2?

Okay, whatever. U2 beat DM at their own game in the 90's, and aside from that have worked in about 10 other styles that DM couldn't ever hope to approach.

But I guess that's to be expected on a fan forum.

Oh my god, the last post on page 2 now? The guy that claims DM is more creative than U2?

Okay, whatever. U2 beat DM at their own game in the 90's, and aside from that have worked in about 10 other styles that DM couldn't ever hope to approach.

But I guess that's to be expected on a fan forum.

I know, I am trying not to get pissed off and get myself banned LOL.

I'm a big fan of both as well. But the guy on the DM forum said "I am personally sick of U2's music and their music pales in comparison with DM" and "I just get annoyed that a band such as U2 is regarded as being a more accomplished band than Depeche when Depeche has been a lot more consistent and creative throughout their career".

Those statements are just laughable to me. The fact is that after a decade of some pretty diverse soudns, U2 went into some previously uncharted territory in the 90's and proved they could make more electronic-based music as well as anyone, including Depeche Mode. Then they moved on.

I guess when your personal obsession is with a lesser band, you have to make bitter, insane comparisons to rationalize your feelings.

Sicy, nice political response over there. I don't know how much more you can say, but I would certainly take issue with the notion that U2 has been less creative.

I cant respond to that thread anymore, I'm just getting pissed off. It's completely pointless. The last few responses made me want to throw something at my computer.

I mean WTF can DM sell out stadiums? Please. I like both groups but U2 will always be the bigger band, I dont care what anyone says.

I'm all for having your own opinion on music and what not, but I just had another look at that thread and the last couple posters are fucking idiots (although that southpark episode WAS funny)

I mean WTF can DM sell out stadiums? Please. I like both groups but U2 will always be the bigger band, I dont care what anyone says.

Just seems that a lot of people have this sheer hatred towards U2. People go OUT OF their way to mention their hate for U2. A girl once told me her likes and dislikes, and when we reached her dislikes, the third thing on her list was the fact that she HATES U2.

As for what kind of DM stuff I have? I have a DM 101 shirt, and a Playing the Angel shirt. I wasn't lucky enough to be alive or be old enough to goto any cool DM concerts.

U2 and Depeche Mode are both great, but I like U2 better. I think everyone has a right to an opinion, though.

One of my friends loves Depeche Mode and hates U2. I frankly don't care, he has a right to dislike whatever he wants.

I remember when I was in high school and people were walking around with the Masses tour shirt (and the Joshua Tree ones too), and I just wasn't into the music at the time. 101 is my favorite DM album now and I'm bummed I got into them one album too late. Regrets, I've had a few...

I did have 3rd row for that AMAZING Devotional Tour, so I guess I can't complain.

You're lucky to have gone to high school in such era as that. When I went to high school it was all rap and crap and hip hop and stuff. People liking good bands were few and far between.

You're lucky to have gone to high school in such era as that. When I went to high school it was all rap and crap and hip hop and stuff. People liking good bands were few and far between.

When I went to high school, Britney Spears was the height of cool. Thank god I discovered U2 as a teenager.

Someone on that goddammed board posted this remix they made of Wrong (Wrong (Trentemoller Dub Remix) + Something To Do (Metal Mix) if anyone is interested.

http://www.mega upload.com/?d=BKEIU5BM

Back
Top Bottom