Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think demos and alternative versions will be released or leaked sooner or later.

But I agree about the deluxe set. I think the NLOTH box set is truly beautiful, but I would have liked another DVD, like with performances or a decent documentary.

Yeah... I'm still having serious doubts about paying such amount of money on a cd and a dvd that I will copy to pc and never touch again, and a book. I wish they had released some remix cd or some demos, b-sides, etc. cd like Oasis did. A documentary wouldn't be bad at all too.

i pre-ordered the itunes pass for the album. i still don't know what that means but hey...at the very least i'll have this digital copy. though i would like to get a physical copy eventually, seeing as i have every album of theirs on cd and vinyl :uhoh:

i pre-ordered the itunes pass for the album. i still don't know what that means but hey...at the very least i'll have this digital copy.
EMI | About EMI | News | EMI Music debuts first iTunes Pass with Depeche Mode

"Fans who sign up starting today get the alternative/dance pioneers' new single, Wrong, as well as the Black Light Odyssey Dub Remix of the new track Oh Well. They will also receive the new album on its street date plus great music and video exclusives before and after the album's release over the next fifteen weeks."

The video is good, but I wouldn't go that far... But I agree the song is good, but pretty typical.

I'm more concerned about their tour given the latest "performance" at the Brits...

Have you ever seen them live? Theres nothing to worry about. I've never seen them put on a shit show during a tour

Have you ever seen them live? Theres nothing to worry about. I've never seen them put on a shit show during a tour
I've seen them several times, but their last performance where they literally all lip synced made me wonder if Dave can even pull it off anymore. His voice has been fading faster than Bono's(and Bono's has made a comeback), and I know bands often do more "canned" performances for TV but his vocals weren't even live, it's pretty bothersome...

:lol: I was just on the radio, 92.7 playing the Wednesday "name that song" game with MC Osmond and I won Depeche Mode tickets :lol:

I'm tempted to go see them live here (mainly just to see Peter Bjorn and John, who are opening). It'd be cool to finally see DM as well though.

Now I guess I better buy the album so I know what I'm hearing haha. Even though I for sure know all of their stuff pre 2000.

\random non-fan post :)

Tickets go on sale for the Hollywood Bowl show:

• On Friday, March 13th at 10am, log on to the Depeche Mode ticketmaster page
• If the above links do not open a ticketmaster screen on your computer, log on to Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site (copied from my email, so...)
• Search: Depeche Mode
• Select the date 8/16/09 or 8/17/09
• In the password box enter: KROQWRONG
• Tickets are $45-$175 + fees
• 4 ticket limit
• Major credit card required
• Advance on-sale ends Friday, March 13th at 10pm or when the ticket allocation is gone
• If you are unable to buy tickets during the presale, you can still try and buy them during the public on-sale Sunday, March 15th at 10am at ticketmaster.com.

\enddriveby

Mother. Of. Fucking. God.

YouTube - Depeche Mode - Wrong

I don't at all mean to stir anything up, honestly. I love both U2 and Depeche Mode. Fanatically, in both instances. But, really...did anybody in the '80s think that the latter was going to age better than the former? Or that it would at least, at some point, be open for debate? I know that I didn't! Of course, that's all up to individual taste, but I know what mine is telling me. Again, I just can't believe that it is 2009 and the conversation can be had...and both sides can make equally valid points. Holy shit, what a spectacular video!!!

I saw this video for the first time today and was freaked out by it.

Tried to get DM tix today for Toronto through a radio presale and all i could find were crappy seats :( gonna try the general onsale tomorrow. I saw them twice the last time they were around. they never disappoint. Anyone else notice that the DM excitement usually coincides with the U2 excitement?

Tried to get DM tix today for Toronto through a radio presale and all i could find were crappy seats :( gonna try the general onsale tomorrow. I saw them twice the last time they were around. they never disappoint. Anyone else notice that the DM excitement usually coincides with the U2 excitement?

Are you seeing them in an amphitheater or a venue?

Here, they always come to Shoreline, which is seats in the front and general admission lawn in the very back :crack: I would take seats over general for this show any day :sigh:

I am going to probably go insane for the next 5 months wondering what kind of tickets I won if I am unable to somehow find out. :doh:

Are you seeing them in an amphitheater or a venue?

Here, they always come to Shoreline, which is seats in the front and general admission lawn in the very back :crack: I would take seats over general for this show any day :sigh:

I am going to probably go insane for the next 5 months wondering what kind of tickets I won if I am unable to somehow find out. :doh:

Its in an amphitheatre this time around. they've got lawns at the back too. The seats I found were right at the back though, so i figured at the very worst, I'll get lawns tomorrow for half the price and not be that much further back. I'm hoping to be able to get halfway decent seats though. I'm sure if you won tickets, they'll be pretty good. You should check out some of their newer albums too though. Playing the Angel has some really solid tunes on it :up: I've always been a huge fan. They took my concert virginity back in 1993....sluts

Playing the Angel has some really solid tunes on it :up: I've always been a huge fan. They took my concert virginity back in 1993....sluts

Cool I will check it out. I'm still stuck in the Music for the Masses, 101, Violator era.. :love:

Cool I will check it out. I'm still stuck in the Music for the Masses, 101, Violator era.. :love:

PTA is good - some really good tunes on there. I saw them on that tour and they were really good, depsite a few sniffles etc. they put on a great show. I got amph tix to this one, based on the last show - you'll be in for a treat wherever you are :up:

Back
Top Bottom