Depeche Mode

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, "Photographic." That's the only one of those songs I've not seen them play.

They brought that one back a few years ago. I think it was the same year as the Vertigo tour that they started playing it again. I got to see it at one of the Toronto shows. It was one of those "this was our first single" deals ala Out of Control. Pretty awesome

Yeah, I saw them do 'Photographic' at Coachella in '06. It was really great; they absolutely "rocked" it. :up:

Woah no way!! The crowd must have being going absolutely crazy.

That is an understatement. Absolutely incredible show, seen many Mode gigs over the years and this stands out as truly special. It was fabulous before Alan came on stage, that really was the icing on the cake. Hearing him and Martin do Somebody was, well :drool::drool::drool::applaud::applaud::heart::heart::hug:

That is an understatement. Absolutely incredible show, seen many Mode gigs over the years and this stands out as truly special. It was fabulous before Alan came on stage, that really was the icing on the cake. Hearing him and Martin do Somebody was, well :drool::drool::drool::applaud::applaud::heart::heart::hug:

That's really good to hear. Hopefully, they'll ALL get it in their heads how much Alan is missed and seriously consider regrouping as the 4-piece DM in the future.

:D

Here's the setlist from last night's performance in London

67874355.jpg

I'm sure there's plenty of bitching on DM forums lol. We just dont see it here.

My Los Angeles friends are/have been going to the last 7 shows of the tour. (They saw the Royal Albert Hall show. :jealous: ) I'm getting texts and FB updates and my friends are currently DRUNK OFF THEIR ASSES in Horsens or Dussledorf or wherever the hell they are in Europe!!!! :lol:

Oh, Depeche Mode is one of my favourite bands! They influenced on me most. One of my biggest music loves.

I'm fan of DM for... 3 or 4 years, can't even remember when I'd begun to listen to them. I love almost all the albums they've recorded. My favourite album is "Songs of faith and devotion". The best period of them, as for me, though there were many difficulties, you know.... "Devotional" is the first show I've watched... of course, on DVD.) (Now I can name two the best rock shows: Depeche Mode's "Devotional" and U2's "Zoo TV" - both of 1993!) Also I like "Ultra", "Violator", "Sounds of the Universe".

About the last album. Why was it so poorly received positive reviews? I can't understand! As for me, it's much better than "Playing the angel" and "Exciter" both. I don't like from SOTU only two songs. Though I must admit that videos from SOTU era were not so good as they could be.

This year I've been to the first concert in my life - it was Depeche Mode's one. I'll never forget it! I have no words to describe this...

By the way, do you know that this year the band has 30th anniversary? I couldn't just go by this... and I did video work dedicated to it.

Here you can watch it: Depeche Mode-Miles Away For 30 Years... And This Is The Truth (Megamix By Siberia) :: ????? ?? RuTube - You can think that I began to make such things because of DM.

Sorry...:uhoh:

Have you heard "Happiest Girl (Jack Mix)" and "Sea Of Sin (Tonal Mix)"?

Of course. But mostly I love remixes, if you talk about it, which are not just extends of songs.

And what about video?

There came new information about Depeche Mode and their new DVD "Tour of the Universe".

The concert is shot by Russell Thomas, which has already been working with U2, Coldplay, Kylie Minogue, Beyonce etc. Here is the montage of his works: Russell Thomas Showreel on Vimeo Simon Hawken is director of photography, and JA Digital is production company.

Official date of release of DVD is still not known.

p.s.: I did a short translation from Russian site.

Today Martin Gore celebrates his 49th anniversary! I wish him to write more great songs and feel good at all!:cute:

Details on the DVD release are now available. Looks as though I'll be out a good deal of money come November.

From Pitchfork:

On November 8, Depeche Mode chronicle their troubled Sounds of the Universe tour with a DVD and Blu-ray release appropriately called Tour of the Universe – Live in Barcelona. The main concert was taped at Spain's Palau St Jordi November 20 and 21, 2009, and the DVD also features a tour documentary, songs filmed at rehearsals, short films by Anton Corbijn, and four music videos.

Tour of the Universe comes in three formats: a four-disc super deluxe version with the main 21-track performance on DVD and two CDs along with a host of video bonuses on an extra DVD, a three-disc non-super deluxe version with no bonus DVD, and a two-disc Blu-ray version.

Tour of the Universe - Live in Barcelona (Super Deluxe Version):

DVD 1:
01 In Chains
02 Wrong
03 Hole to Feed
04 Walking in My Shoes
05 It's No Good
06 A Question of Time
07 Precious
08 Fly on the Windscreen
09 Jezebel
10 Home
11 Come Back
12 Policy of Truth
13 In Your Room
14 I Feel You
15 Enjoy the Silence
16 Never Let Me Down Again
17 Dressed in Black
18 Stripped
19 Behind the Wheel
20 Personal Jesus
21 Waiting for the Night
22 World in My Eyes *
23 Sister of Night *
24 Miles Away / The Truth Is *
25 One Caress *
* bonus tracks

DVD2:
-- Inside the Universe documentary
-- Tour of the Universe screens:
01 In Chains
02 Walking in My Shoes
03 Precious
04 Come Back
05 Policy of Truth
06 Enjoy the Silence
07 Personal Jesus

-- Tour of the Universe rehearsals:
01 Wrong
02 Walking in My Shoes
-- Bonus Tracks:
01 Insight
02 Hole to Feed
03 Behind the Wheel
04 Never Let Me Down Again

-- Sounds of the Universe videos:
01 Wrong
02 Peace
03 Hole to Feed
04 Fragile Tension

CD1 and 2:
01 In Chains
02 Wrong
03 Hole to Feed
04 Walking in My Shoes
05 It's No Good
06 A Question of Time
07 Precious
08 Fly on the Windscreen
09 Jezebel
10 Home
11 Come Back
12 Policy of Truth
13 In Your Room
14 I Feel You
15 Enjoy the Silence
16 Never Let Me Down Again
17 Dressed in Black
18 Stripped
19 Behind the Wheel
20 Personal Jesus
21 Waiting for the Night

There is a new remixes compilation set to arrive in June, including mixes from ex-members Alan Wilder and Vince Clarke: depeche mode dot com.

The first such compilation was quite good. I like that they give equal space to the hits and deeper cuts.

:bump:

Well, we are (way?) past the 'Sounds of the Universe' era, but it's still a Depeche Mode thread, so...:wink:

Depeche Mode are making a special announcement/holding a press conference in Paris tomorrow (I am predicting a new album and tour in 2013) at 1:30 PM Parisian time (7:30 AM EST) - just looking at the start-up page on their website made me very excited. :hyper:

Depeche Mode

The tour and album were already announced today, isn't the press conference just a followup with a few more details?

Depeche Mode Announce Tour, Album Out in Spring | News | Pitchfork

I think the news sneaked out early, because there is absolutely nothing on DM's website or on Facebook page, and they keep on referencing tomorrow for the "special announcement/press conference". I think they don't realize that the tour dates are already circulating around the Web. :wink:

Another show in my hometown, 4th in general, potentially a 3rd one for me, although I'm not sure I'll go. It's always more or less the same setlist plus new songs. Since I haven't really enjoyed new Depeche Mode material since Ultra, I'm not really excited by this. If I do like the new material, then great.

Back
Top Bottom