Deerhunter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's so fucking fun. Good on them for making an album like this after releasing their tidiest record to date.

Listening to Microcastle for the first time in a while right now, and I had forgotten how strong it is. The thing flows incredibly well with the shorter, interlude-like tracks binding the longer, more fleshed-out songs together. Thinking about it now, the Cryptograms-Microcastle-Halcyon Digest trilogy is one of the better runs indie rock has seen in the last decade.

Wow, that production is trashy. Gonna take some getting used to. It sounds like they took box knives to the speaker cones on their amps.

You guys were right, this album is a lot of fun. Will definitely be buying it ASAP.

Mono-Monomania is the best. Other good ones are T.H.M., Blue Agent and Sleepwalking.

The beginning sounds like the centipede album(or as much of it as I could listen to without wanting to slaughter kittens) from last year, but less annoying. I almost like it. The missing is good.

I'm recognizing some of the songs they played live when I saw them a couple of weeks ago. They definitely did Pensacola and Monomania, pretty sure they did The Missing, and I think they also may have done Dream Captain. I'll probably think it was cool in another month, but at the time, I was resenting the heavy emphasis on the new stuff.

Got tickets for these blokes in September. Given their history of erratic behavior at gigs, I'm looking forward to an exciting show.

Nice. Not sure how many times these guys can reinvent their sound, but this seems to be another attempt based on the first song.

Song's good but unspectacular. I am excited about the album though.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Wish it was a Lotus Plaza album but I'll take it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using U2 Interference mobile app

So ive finally discovered these guys on spotify... Holy shit.

This has been missing from my life.

Last edited:
Great band, and easily one of the most consistent going right now. There's not a single weak point in their discography, and the range of styles they have already covered is impressive.

That and it spawned off Lotus Plaza's "Spooky Action" album which is by far the best album of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might listen to all of their albums this weekend. I might even listen to Lotus Plaza and Atlas Sound. I might forget and not listen to any of them. I might do a lot of things.

While this thread is bumped, I want to take the opportunity to express my love for this song:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom