David Cook Self Titled Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oktobergirl

Refugee
Okay I know it only came out today? But I am sooo loving this... This guy is freaking crazy talented. American Idol or not.

Please tour SOON.

I heard it. It's pretty much what I was expecting. It's a little, dare I say it, Daughtry-esque. But less intense. I get less of the "I AM TRYING SO HARD TO BE EARNEST" feel that I get from Daughtry.

I'll pick it up, as there were a good handful of songs on it I liked upon first listen.

I heard it. It's pretty much what I was expecting. It's a little, dare I say it, Daughtry-esque. But less intense. I get less of the "I AM TRYING SO HARD TO BE EARNEST" feel that I get from Daughtry.

I'll pick it up, as there were a good handful of songs on it I liked upon first listen.

I agree! I wish David Cook did the guitar solos on Light On, though.

I was wondering if someone had bought this CD. I'll wait to hear more reviews. Or maybe surprise Maddy with it for Christmas :shifty: :shh:

What's funny about this album is that in the store I work in, it hasn't sold. Like at all. But we keep getting massive shipments of it in. That just sit. And are beginning to collect dust.

What's funny about this album is that in the store I work in, it hasn't sold. Like at all. But we keep getting massive shipments of it in. That just sit. And are beginning to collect dust.

Awww, poor David. :(

I worked in a record shop in central Wisconsin in 1995. When Selena died, they sent us massive amounts of her back catalogue. I don't think we sold one copy. Not a lot of Latin music fans in central Wisconsin.

(Which has nothing to do with a highly anticipated Idol release selling nothing, but I always thought that was funny.)

HAHA. They show American Idol over here. It's very rare when my favorite contestant ever wins these show, whether it's X Factor/American Idol or Big Brother, but I liked him. He's voice was so much better than David Arcelleta's or whatever his name was. His voice was just ordinary. What made it him so popular, was it just because girls fancy prebuecent pale boys with cheesy grins? Even as a teenager I never went for the pretty boyband look. My crushes were Liam Gallagher, Jean Claude Van Damme and Grant Mitchell from EastEnders.

It made me laugh when I was on this message board afterwards where people said Cook won because he was a great performer and this girl whined "oh, I think Arcelleta was better. I think he's better than most famous singers around in my opinion. So smooth, so effortless. Cook wouldn't win if it was just about singing"

Are people deaf? Cook had a better voice. Timbre, as I keep on saying, is the most important thing. Arcelleta sounded no different from anyone else and he had no passion.

"Arceletta" is not even fucking close to how you spell his name. I'm struggling to comprehend how you could actually think it's spelled Arcelleta. Did you ever hear his name pronounced?

David Archuletta was so lame, we shouldn't care who spells his name wrong. :up:

And CactusAnnie, my head explodes even as I say this, but I completely agree with you. I'm so glad he won over Li'l Archie. Arch had a nice, pleasant voice, but SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE. Completely void of personality.

"Arceletta" is not even fucking close to how you spell his name. I'm struggling to comprehend how you could actually think it's spelled Arcelleta. Did you ever hear his name pronounced?

Wow, I must have been in a shitty mood at 8:31 this morning. I don't know why I typed this. That was pretty rude. Apologies from me to you Annie if you ever see this.

Anyway, to be sort of on-topic...I'll say again that life is better when American Idol is on TV. I just looked it up and it starts on January 13th. That ain't even that far off!!!! Yay.

It sounds just like I figured it would. Nothing more and nothing less. My only problem with the cd is the hidden track on the second to last song. There is honestly like 8 minutes of nothing before you get to the hidden song. Like I want to listen to 8 minutes of nothing on my drive to work. I know I could just fast forward through it but it is still annoying. Other than that I love the cd.

Hey, 6 copies of this album finally sold over the last few days from my store.

No.

What did you all think of his version of ISHFWILF? I was impressed. I especially liked when the CEO of SonyBmg was telling him about why he chose this song for him. Jane, who's a complete tool, said Bono couldn't sing HA. I hope she was watching that. She also said the same thing about Steve Perry on her website which led to a prompt attack of irate Journey fans. It's because his intonations and pitch are wrong. She thinks Britney is a better singer. Rock singers have a different style to pop singers but then she went to stage school. Stage school brats are thick because all they learned was to sing and dance. They never did any real lessons.

I hadn't even heard of him before but then last week I watched a clip of a live performance on YouTube and I think he has great voice. Journey are on my list of albums to get. As is David Cook's, if he releases an album over here. Jodin Sparks and Kelly Clarkson have. Wasn't Jennifer Hudson a contestant on there because she has as well? I only watched the last two seasons. Fantasia and Carry Underwood never released anything over here. But then country music never charts over here unless it's a Jonny Cash or Dolly Parton record. And maybe we don't like all the shouting and yelping that I saw Fantasia do over the show this season.

What did you all think of his version of ISHFWILF?

Honestly? I don't even remember it!

Wasn't Jennifer Hudson a contestant on there because she has as well?

Yes, she was a contestant on season 2 (or maybe it was 3). She made it to the top 7 or 8. Honestly, she was completely over the top all the time. No denying she had a good, powerful voice, but it was a bit much.

And maybe we don't like all the shouting and yelping that I saw Fantasia do over the show this season.

I thought Fantasia was interesting and definitely the best pick of the crop during the season she won, but wow, I can't even sit through her singing these days.

Simon made this face during her latest performance on the show:

350trt2.gif

That about sums it up, doesn't it?

Honestly? I don't even remember it!

Yes, she was a contestant on season 2 (or maybe it was 3). She made it to the top 7 or 8. Honestly, she was completely over the top all the time. No denying she had a good, powerful voice, but it was a bit much.

I thought Fantasia was interesting and definitely the best pick of the crop during the season she won, but wow, I can't even sit through her singing these days.

Simon made this face during her latest performance on the show:

350trt2.gif

That about sums it up, doesn't it?

Ye I remember that. I remember saying to mum the next day, that she did actually win the show. See, this is exactly why I so angry about about that MJB cover of One. As if yelping and shouting has anything to do with singing. I think the mum shouting at her spoilt brat in the supermarket was so great that she should release a record. She should do a cover of Imagine. Neither these two singers do well over here and that song only got so high because it was a famous song anyway.

Yes, I know what you mean when you said about being too much. It's the fairytale of everything I hate. This whole idea that singing all around the melody is sinimonous with emotion. I haven't head much of Jennifer's singing to really comment on her but I hate the way Mariah and in particular Christina Aguilira sing. I had to leave the shop I was in the other day because I couldn't stand her song they were playing with her wailing. Neither are a patch on Whitney, I never thought she oversang. Turns out they were playing her new Best Of album. Voice of The century? I'd give that to Alicia Keys, her voice is truly stunning, I don't feel she oversings. Joss Stone has a better voice. What do you think of our little Leona Lewis? he has a better voice then Christina in my opinion.

Leona Lewis has a really lovely voice and doesn't do all the oversinging, so that's good. I do like Bleeding Love, and her cover of Run is absolutely gorgeous, but other than that, I find her music rather dull so far.

I like a good number of Christina Aguilera's songs, and she's got an amazing voice, but she just ruins it with so much of that oversinging, melisma crap.

Back
Top Bottom