David Bowie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
285284_10151265354272665_1432941184_n.jpg

This is going to be my first new Bowie album since I started listening to him five or six years ago, so this is kind of a big deal. I liked the lead single well enough, but this is the one that just made me said, "Holy shit, Bowie's back."

The Next Day. Let's roll, you guys.

Really badass music here. Reminds me of something from Scary Monsters.

This is gonna be a great album.

No music video director is so important they should have a name credit at the beginning, even if you get Tilda Swinton to be in it.

Pretty obnoxious.

I mean, if you're picking a woman to be in a Bowie video, that'd be your first choice.

Anyway, song is rad.

Fuck me. Awesome song. Great way to end a shitty day.

The video is weird, but it's cool. Love the whole Ziggy/Thin White Duke aping that's going on.

The song's got a real (almost Heroes-like) urgency to it. That's absolutely two knockouts from the two tracks we've heard so far. The man is certainly the closest I come to believing in God.

That video is crazy good. Agree about the credits, though. Still, LOVE Tilda Swinton, and love that she did that.

Love the song, the video is weirdly entertaining. Again, Bowie shows no sign of health issues - looks great. So does Tilda Swinton. :wink:

Time Out Of Mind :drool:

That reminds me. The two albums that he put out in the early 90s, the ones with all the old folk covers. Are those any good?

I mean, if you're into that sort of thing, sure. But I don't listen to Bob acoustic by himself too often.

I'm pretty sure World Gone Wrong is regarded as the better of the two, if you felt like diving in. Plus he covers one of Nick Cave's favorites, though the title is slightly different: "Stack-A-Lee".

No music video director is so important they should have a name credit at the beginning, even if you get Tilda Swinton to be in it.

Pretty obnoxious.

Nor should a music video conclude with "fin".

Bowie in his cardigan looks reminiscent of his old Christmas duet buddy Bing Crosby.

I think it's on purpose, remember the part of the video in the grocery store? Same tone of voice and similar wording as the Bing video.

I was indifferent to the first song released, but I like this one quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom