David Bowie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not gonna be able to listen to this until tomorrow.

I guess they weren't fucking with us, looks like the white block on Heroes abomination is the actual cover.

Am I the only one who likes that cover? It's quite literally self-effacing, which is a quality I tend to admire.

I love the album...I'm already putting it in my 5 favorite albums of his.

1. Ziggy Stardust
2. Scary Monsters
3. Aladdin Sane
4. The Next Day
5. Hunky Dory

I don't mind the cover, I just think for such a great album something fresh might have fit well, but it doesn't matter too much.

"(You Will) Set The World on Fire" may be my favorite from the album for now. So many good ones to choose from though.

I love the album...I'm already putting it in my 5 favorite albums of his.

:rolleyes:

ppreflex.gif

Yeah, I do wonder if that will be the reaction at large. I thought NLOTH was one of U2's very best when I first heard it. I don't think I've listened to it since 2010.

I'll enjoy it as much as I possibly can right now and try to do the same tomorrow and all days thereafter. Really pointless trying to temper it, just stick an IMO on there and you're good.

BEST ALBUM SINCE SCARY MONSTERS!!!!!

Only because I wouldn't give Let's Dance, Outside, Heathen or Reality higher than a 7 and haven't heard any others
But Next Day is still really good/fun, probably an 8/10 for me

Outside and Heathen are both better than The Next Day AND Scary Monsters.

Scary Monsters is terribly uneven as an album. The singles are brilliant (Ashes to Ashes is a top 3 Bowie song for me), but the rest kinda sucks, specially side two, IMO.

Yea, i know it's very uncool to say this, but i prefer Let's Dance over Scary Monsters. The singles are brilliant and the rest is very good. The only weak songs are Ricochet and Shake It.

I really didn't like Outside. It meant well, but it's far too long and disjointed and a bunch of the tracks go nowhere. I like Heathen a lot but isn't as vibrant or refreshing as Scary Monsters or Next Day. Let's Dance and Reality's flaws are well documented, but I enjoy both well enough.

Yeah, I do wonder if that will be the reaction at large. I thought NLOTH was one of U2's very best when I first heard it. I don't think I've listened to it since 2010.

To this day I've never heard all of NLOTH, but Get On Yer Sexy Boots was enough to disabuse me of any such notions.

"Stand Up Comedy" remains one of the most laughable pieces of dog shit I've heard from any band. It makes "Get On Your Boots" look like it belongs on Abbey Road.

And I can't download iTunes at the office because god only knows why, so no Bowie for me.

Stand Up Comedy is truly the shittiest thing on that album. I don't know what they were thinking, but I doubt it was translated to record the way they wanted it to be. I can't conceive of any band truly being happy with something that shitty and incompetent, except maybe The Shaggs.

NLOTH and Breathe and MOS and Fez and Cedars though :heart:

BEST ALBUM SINCE SCARY MONSTERS!!!!!

Only because I wouldn't give Let's Dance, Outside, Heathen or Reality higher than a 7 and haven't heard any others
But Next Day is still really good/fun, probably an 8/10 for me

Yeah, the idea of even including Let's Dance in that list of otherwise creative albums is so wrong.

And Scary Monsters is also overrated, simply for being better than the subpar Tonight and Never Let Me Down.

I'll take Tin Machine and the 90's and 00's albums (save for "Hours...") over all four of those 80's albums.

Yeah, the idea of even including Let's Dance in that list of otherwise creative albums is so wrong.

And Scary Monsters is also overrated, simply for being better than the subpar Tonight and Never Let Me Down.

I'll take Tin Machine and the 90's and 00's albums (save for "Hours...") over all four of those 80's albums.

Hours sucks badly.

You'd take Black Tie White Noise over Scary Monsters and Let's Dance?

besides itunes, is there a online stream of the album somewhere on the interwebz? I'm at work but want to listen..

Someone's been posting the songs individually on YouTube this morning if you can access that. Not sure if they'll be/are being taken down though.

Sadly, I know. I can almost understand not liking the band's recent material and still being obsessed enough to participate on a site devoted the the band.

But not even giving the music a full, fair listen?

I don't see the problem. When one looks at Interference in general, there's tons of stuff here being discussed that has nothing to do with U2. If one has come to be ambivalent about U2 to the extent he or she isn't interested in new material, I say fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom