David Bowie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Bowie 4 times over the last 5 years, and he and his band were terrific! The Reality tour was great and here is a terrific DVD of it that was filmed in Ireland for those who missed it. Put it under the tree for yourself!
I have to say I miss him very much. He always seemed to come out with a new album in between waiting for a U2 tour, so it was great! Hopefully, we'll see him again real soon.

When he sings, he uses different accents according to the character he's portraying.

Has anyone seen s film called Christiane F which is based on a true story of a 13 year old German girl who becomes addicted to heroin and is forced into prostitution in order to fund her habit? It's in English subtitles and it is as upsetting as it sounds. It's soundtrack is full of Bowie's songs including a version of Hero's where he sings in English, German then French.

He's definetely an artist whose material that I need to discover a wider basses other then what you find on his greatest hits. What do you make of the stuff he records nowadays?

I've Been Listening to Lodger and Scary Monsters and I'm constantly being reminded of how awesome these albums are.

Today was Bowie's birthday.

Do you have one really funky sequined space suit, Bowie?
Or do you have several ch-ch-ch-ch- changes?

I listened to Low today, so that's a nice coincidence.

Happy birthday, Bowie. Smoke some astroturf on me. :up:

I watched the Reality DVD... and it kinda sucked, it'd make me consider going to see him. Life on Mars was almost acapella, Heroes turned kinda reggae, Loving the Alien didn't even sound the same.

He does have a habit of doing everything almost completely different every time he tours....it can be hit and miss.

The Reality Tour DVD cut of "Heroes" is one of the most mindblowingly awesome things I've ever seen on a concert film. I don't know how you could say it was reggae though.

Just wanted to bump this too say how I thought it was awesome that after months of driving lessons, stressing, frustration, lifts, argument, missing out, public transport and shitloads of money, I finally got my license and the first song that played was Look Back in Anger, right on the chorus:

I've been waiting so long
I've been waiting so long
Look back in aaaaangger

Summed it up pretty well :happy:

I've been listening to Earthling all week and it really is quite a intresting album, Seven years in Tibet has to be the best song on it :heart:

I gave Outside another listen and it still scares the crap out of me.:reject:

I actually like the other singles (Little Wonder & Telling Lies) the best, as well as Looking For Satellites.

And this has got to be one of Bowie's best album covers.

I'm kind of a new Bowie fan... but my God, that man is amazing. I own Ziggy Stardust, Low, Heroes, Hunky Dory, and Let's Dance right now, and love all of them... and I'm looking to buy a bunch more (up to ten, but I'm not sure I want to buy that many at once) next weekend... I know I'm going to get Space Oddity, but I'm not sure from there... reading this thread has helped me, though.

I'm kind of a new Bowie fan... but my God, that man is amazing. I own Ziggy Stardust, Low, Heroes, Hunky Dory, and Let's Dance right now, and love all of them... and I'm looking to buy a bunch more (up to ten, but I'm not sure I want to buy that many at once) next weekend... I know I'm going to get Space Oddity, but I'm not sure from there... reading this thread has helped me, though.

Station To Station has to be the next step. I consider it his finest work, and certainly his most coked out. In this case, that's a very good thing.

That is truth, though I am also a huge supporter of The Man Who Sold The World. What a fun, kickass album that is. The lyrics are hilarious, and the riffs are great. It's a good time, I know that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom