David Bowie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I own: Hunky Dory, Ziggy, Aladdin Sane, Low and Heroes.

Where should I go next? I don't think there's much more Ziggy/Aladdin-type stuff is there?

Those are his tops for me. I'd go for the rest of his '70s work, then hit Space Oddity and Scary Monsters.

I own: Hunky Dory, Ziggy, Aladdin Sane, Low and Heroes.

Where should I go next? I don't think there's much more Ziggy/Aladdin-type stuff is there?

Get Diamond Dogs, The Man Who Sold the World and Scary Monsters, in that order. :up:

I think I've narrowed it down to either Space Oddity, Diamond Dogs or Station to Station. All are $10 bucks, I've just gotta pick which one to get now.

I probably would buy them all, but I decided to quit working at the start of the year to 'focus' on Year 12. Yeah. Look how that's working out.

The live aid version imo is definitely the best, btw, just seen snippet on Bowienet, apparently paul weller has discovered just how brilliant Bowie is, and has stated he'd love to have Bowie come & perform on stage with him, can't say I'm a big weller fan, and can't really see Bowie rushing to join him onstage, but you never know.
Of all the artists out there I really would like to see a U2/Bowie collaboration, I know Bono joined him onstage during the 1990 world tour, but a full blown U2/Bowie collaboration would be the ultimate, IMO. Or maybe, if they've buried the hatchet, a Bowie/Morrissey duet would be interesting, any thoughts anyone?

He's collaborated with ever other artist known to man/woman/fish/insect/thing. And he was an inspiration on their early work. Wonder why it never happened? :shrug:

It would be nice, maybe one day.

Come on if Bowie can do some backing vocals on Scarlet's album, He could at least do something with U2.

Talking of versions of "Heroes" Bowie Wonderworld site has a link to recent concert in London, where the Feeling (IMO,normally a very drippy wet pop band) performed quite a decent version of said song, million miles better than a version by a little band from Manchester!

I just brought Lodger, everybody.

After a few spins, it's quite mostly garbage. I didn't like it much. No warmth. No instantly great songs like there are on its predecessors, Low and Heroes. No instrumentals, which could be a good or bad thing, I'm not yet sure. The album was saved (in that, I'll come back to it) by three tracks; DJ, Don't Look Back in Anger and Boys Keep Swinging.

What is everyone else's opinion? Where does it rate for you?? I have six of his albums now (Hunky, Ziggy, Aladdin, Low, Heroes and now Lodger) and I'll probably get Station to Station, Space Oddity and what's the name of the one that came between Spade Oddity and Hunky Dory? :scratch:

That is all.

The Man Who Sold the World is the one you're thinking of.

Lodger isn't my favorite either; I certainly wouldn't call it garbage though... it's a solid enough album. I still think he didn't record a "bad" album from '69 to about '84, but that's just me.

I have all of Bowies albums from 1967 - 1983, bought them all religiously up until Let's Dance where my interest waned. Lodger was one of, if not thee least of my faves.

The Man Who Sold the World is the one you're thinking of.

Lodger isn't my favorite either; I certainly wouldn't call it garbage though... it's a solid enough album. I still think he didn't record a "bad" album from '69 to about '84, but that's just me.

:up: That's the one. I knew I knew it.

Probably a strong term, just wasn't impressed with it. Only after one or two spins, I assume it'll be like every other album I own, it'll grow.

African Night Flight is pretty terrible :happy:

Gotta love iTunes. They have this album,or single,but it`s from the 1992 era it`s called 'Black Tie White Noise Extras' and they have 'Jump They Say' (Rock Mix) It is an awesome remix IMO.
And on the other hand they have an album iSelect:Bowie (Remastered). It`s songs of his that are his favorite and it`s cool,one of the song on it 'Time Will Crawl (MM Remix)' is pretty cool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom