David Bowie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
No, I think it totally misses the point of the survivors, actually. I don't want it to be a more popular song vote, I want it to be Bowie albums just like the rest of them.

That's a tired method and it won't work. Do something adventurous with this. Imagine Station To Station against Moonage Daydream in a round. You will never get that will regular Survivor. This will be so much fun, trust me.

Am I supposed to understand that Pink Floyd and Radiohead didn't have filler?

I think this whole thing is quite contradictory, to be honest.

Whatever we do we can't blow this whole thing off. We on to something great which ever method we choose, I believe.

Screwtape2 said:

Okay why not a compromise. What if we do go album by album but instead of voting off, we vote something in to the 64 field?

I think that works better. I like the field of 64 idea. Just not the multiple choice thing.

phillyfan26 said:

I think that works better. I like the field of 64 idea. Just not the multiple choice thing.

Okay so we have...

1. Poll to determine how many songs from each album.
2. Then we go through each album and vote a song in with how many rounds an album is alotted.
3. We seed our field and make a mediafire folder of all the songs.
4. Then procced.

That sound right?

Screwtape2 said:

Okay so we have...

2. Then we go through each album and vote a song in with how many rounds an album is alotted.
4. Then procced.

That sound right?

Yes, sounds about right.

The first step is to make a poll with all the albums and ask which one is their favorite. Make it last for a few days. Every album gets at least one. Then each vote counts for another song.

David Bowie (1967)
Space Oddity (1969)
The Man Who Sold the World (1970)
Hunky Dory (1971)
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972)
Aladdin Sane (1973)
Pin Ups (1973)
Diamond Dogs (1974)
Young Americans (1975)
Station to Station (1976)
Low (1977)
"Heroes" (1977)
Lodger (1979)
Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) (1980)
Let's Dance (1983)
Tonight (1984)
Never Let Me Down (1987)
Black Tie White Noise (1993)
Outside (1995)
Earthling (1997)
'hours...' (1999)
Heathen (2002)
Reality (2003)

I think something like this could work, though I think we should have a couple of other people give their input too, to make sure everyone's down with this method.

Heroes and Diamond Dogs, amazing, Wow! I love those songs. Heroes, that reminds me of baseball season and the Braves and the movie Moulin Rouge, sorry to you diehard Bowie fans :reject:

Last edited:
My lady friend wants me to watch Moulin Rouge with her. It's only fair because she watched Big Trouble in Little China and The Big Lebowski with me.

At least with some Bowie, Beck, and Bono in the movie I can find something to like.

If you mark that frame an 8, you are entering a world of pain.

A world ... of pain.

LemonMacPhisto said:
My lady friend wants me to watch Moulin Rouge with her. It's only fair because she watched Big Trouble in Little China and The Big Lebowski with me.

At least with some Bowie, Beck, and Bono in the movie I can find something to like.
:lol:

Screwtape2 said:
Okay so we have...

4. Then procced.

That sound right?

We need second opinions on this plan.

Sounds pretty good to me, and I think doing a different method will be good, but I have to side with philly in that I am definitely not excited by an idea where we're only voting for the more popular songs... on the albums I have there's very little filler and I want, for example, A New Career in a New Town to have as good a chance of winning Low or however we're doing it as Sound and Vision.

But I support the 64 idea. Good stuff.

It will still have a chance come around the Low album voting. Bowie's got about 20 albums or so, and there's 64 spots, so his more popular albums will get more votes. Then, when we vote for Low, let's say, for example, that Low gets three spots in the Field of 64. We'd then vote three times for the favorite song of what's remaining, and the "top 3" as voted by us would get in.

Now, Screwtape, it's just a matter of figuring out a good system for voting for albums. It's difficult since this is more of a ratio kind of thing.

Screwtape2 said:
The first step is to make a poll with all the albums and ask which one is their favorite. Make it last for a few days. Every album gets at least one. Then each vote counts for another song.

David Bowie (1967)
Space Oddity (1969)
The Man Who Sold the World (1970)
Hunky Dory (1971)
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972)
Aladdin Sane (1973)
Pin Ups (1973)
Diamond Dogs (1974)
Young Americans (1975)
Station to Station (1976)
Low (1977)
"Heroes" (1977)
Lodger (1979)
Scary Monsters (and Super Creeps) (1980)
Let's Dance (1983)
Tonight (1984)
Never Let Me Down (1987)
Black Tie White Noise (1993)
Outside (1995)
Earthling (1997)
'hours...' (1999)
Heathen (2002)
Reality (2003)

I think that list is missing the Buddha of Suburbia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom