David Bowie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who else would we do? :shrug:

Besides, they just ran Radiohead and Pink Floyd at the same time, if someone else wants to do one, we can do both.

Me
LMP
LM
Screwtape
Laz
Lance (I'm assuming)
CIB
COBL (I'm guessing)

That's eight just off the top of my head. I'll bet there's a few more.

We could have a thread with a poll to see how many would be interested? It would pose a question like, Do you want a David Bowie Song Survivor, then you would choose yes or no.

Not do you want. Would you participate in a Bowie song survivor.

I don't see how interest in this would be any less than in the Pink Floyd one.

I have it. Instead of doing all the album why don't we do a field of 64 songs and work it out like a March Madness bracket. Every album will get a certain number of songs by how popular they are by the fans. Then we seed them. That way people could get sent those two songs. Instead of being ignorant of the album. That would get more people involved. How about that? :)

That would be even more complicated.

I think a straight up survivor would be fine. An REM one, and this.

phillyfan26 said:
That would be even more complicated.

I think a straight up survivor would be fine. An REM one, and this.

No it is simple.

1. Poll to decide how many songs from each album.
2. Vote on which songs from each album.
3. Then we make a bracket.
4. Vote from there. A match a day.

It is perfect. It means more people can get exposed to great Bowie songs and albums.

Screwtape2 said:

No it is simple.

It is perfect. It means more people can get exposed to great Bowie songs and albums.

How are the first two steps different from the Survivor?

phillyfan26 said:

How are the first two steps different from the Survivor?

The first part is what NamkcuR did for Radiohead Survivor. The second part is a multiple choice poll. "X number of songs will go on to the survivor which ones should those be?" Then you are voting for the best songs so the best of the best from the albums compete. Does that make sense?

Screwtape2 said:

No it is simple.

Sounds good to me.

Screwtape2 said:

The first part is what NamkcuR did for Radiohead Survivor. The second part is a multiple choice poll. "X number of songs will go on to the survivor which ones should those be?" Then you are voting for the best songs so the best of the best from the albums compete. Does that make sense?

I'm not opposed to the first part, but I don't see why the second part should have to differ from the normal survivor method.

I know what you mean, Phillyfan but this way we keep make it a battle against singles. So people will vote more because they will know more of the popular David Bowie songs. Does that make sense?

I'm getting tired. Good night, guys! :wave:

No, I think it totally misses the point of the survivors, actually. I don't want it to be a more popular song vote, I want it to be Bowie albums just like the rest of them.

phillyfan26 said:

I'm not opposed to the first part, but I don't see why the second part should have to differ from the normal survivor method.

Because most people don't want to listen to the whole album but if they only need to hear a few songs they may be more willing to vote. Plus Bowie albums are filled with filler with a few exceptions. If we could trim the filler faster then it would be a really experience. This will get more people voting we could even to get the postwhores like Axver, Tourist and others to vote if they only need to listen to a few songs for the actual tournament.

I know more popular David Bowie songs and I won't be able to vote much on the unpopular ones. If we have a lot of unpopular David Bowie songs only a handful people will vote and it won't be much fun anymore.

I totally disagree with you, and neither of us is going to convince the other.

We need outside input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom