David Bowie.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh, I liked that alright when it came out, but it hasn't really aged well. It's rather forgettable. Nothing on there on the level of Little Wonder, and I think Earthling is much more consistent.

I've heard it only recently and keep revisiting it. Maybe over time it'll wane for me.

Earthling is great.

Yes, I am indeed.

I like it so far, and I think it will grow on me, as there's a lot of layers to it.

Low, what a fucking brilliant album!!!

People say it takes you a few goes to to love it.
But i fell in love with it first time around, its like something ive heard before.
But I've never listened to it, very odd feeling

I'm convinced that, like an Explosions in the Sky song always makes things feel epic, Sound and Vision always makes whatever you're doing feel cool.

I agree.

And the 2nd half makes whatever you're doing the strangest experience of your life.

LemonMacPhisto said:

And the 2nd half makes whatever you're doing the strangest experience of your life.

Thats very true, don't fall alseep listening to the 2nd half, you will have very strange dreams.

Next on my to buy list is Station to station and Heroes

Zoobaby14 said:
Low, what a fucking brilliant album!!!

What a fucking brilliant post!!!!!

Its always been my personal favourite BOWIE album, but anything from the '70's, & Scary Monsters, & first Tin Machine lp, & Hours, & Heathen are very close to the top.

The guy is a frigging GENIUS!!!!! have I said that before?

Zoobaby14 said:

Thats very true, don't fall alseep listening to the 2nd half, you will have very strange dreams.

Next on my to buy list is Station to station and Heroes

Station to Station is a hybrid of Young Americans and Low. I think it's his second best album.

I would have changed the tracklisting of Station to Station by swapping Golden Years and TVC 15, but that's just me.

phillyfan26 said:
I'm convinced that, like an Explosions in the Sky song always makes things feel epic, Sound and Vision always makes whatever you're doing feel cool.

Sound and Vision bores the hell out of me a bit.

Pales in comparison to a few others.

Always Crashing in the Same Car
Speed of Life
Subterraneans
What in the World
A New Career in a New Town
Be My Wife
Breaking Glass
Sound and Vision
Weeping Wall
Art Decade
Warszawa

And how good is the opening quartet from Heroes? mega :drool:age. Beauty and the Beast, Joe the Lion, Heroes, and to a somewhat lesser extent, Sons of the Silent Age.

jimmmm said:

What a fucking brilliant post!!!!!

Its always been my personal favourite BOWIE album, but anything from the '70's, & Scary Monsters, & first Tin Machine lp, & Hours, & Heathen are very close to the top.

The guy is a frigging GENIUS!!!!! have I said that before?

:lol: I only speak the truth :wink:

And yes the man is a GENIUS!
You can never say it to many times.

It's a very good album. Watch That Man, Panic in Detroit, Cracked Actor, The Jean Genie ... all great tracks.

COBL_04 said:
Just bought Aladdin Sane today... what's the general consesus? And what should I get next?

Fantastic album. Do have Station To Station yet? I pimp that one as much as possible. :drool:

I also bought Aladdin Sane last week, its a great album, one of my faves so far.

I bought Pin Ups yesterday, its not bad, its intresting to hear him cover these songs, puts a new twist on to them.

LemonMelon said:

Fantastic album. Do have Station To Station yet? I pimp that one as much as possible. :drool:

No, see I thought I was done with Bowie... but yesterday his allure became too much. And I mean, all his albums are there, remastered, with full booklets, for $10 each. Amazing stuff.

So I figure I'll get Station to Station as well, umm Lodger, and Space Oddity.... any other solid Bowie records?

As for Alladin Sane, I've listened through once, and it's not bad. I thought Watch That Man was a bit too much Stones Exile stuff for me, but not bad. Drive-in Saturday I liked, the verses to Alladin Sane, Time, Cracked Actor, and the last three. Not sure about the love for Panic in Detroit though. Great title however.

Young Americans has a few great tracks, but it's not as consistent as some of the other albums. I don't put it in that often even though the title track may very well be my favorite song of his.

Fame and his cover of Across the Universe are some of my favorite tracks of his, too - apart from the classic title track.

phillyfan26 said:
Young Americans and Fame are both excellent tracks. :yes:

agreed.

Fame was the first 45 single I ever bought, back in 1975 I think :drool: Cool that John Lennon sings on that song too. (guitar too I think)

Screwtape2 said:

In my opinion David Bowie albums should be bought in this order:

Ziggy Stardust
Outside :combust:
Low :drool:
Heroes
Earthling :rockon:
Scary Monsters :dance:
Heathen

Any album after that. :wink:

Earthling ahead of Station To Station?! Pfft. :wink:

Status