Cut Copy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I gotta say that Where I'm Going stood out in particular. I didn't get much out of it when it was first released, but that feeling totally changes in a live atmosphere.

Really, huh? I agree, it didn't stand out on first few listens, but live is a different animal all together ;)

Do you have a setlist?

Actually, the bigger question is..do I even want to know the setlist? :hmm:

:wink:

This album is a grower, I am so happy with it :dance:

Let's party, guys

3A7RA.jpg

024Li.jpg

Ok so gave it the old "car audio test" today...and I still love the album. It's in my head, actually, which isn't all that easy what with all the other musical clutter jangling about up there ;)

I am not going to say I hate this album or anything, but I'm not exactly over-the-moon with it either. It's going to take a few more listens, I suspect, and luckily, Cut Copy is a band I'm willing to give that time to.

I'm very frustrated with the psychedelic (read: Animal Collective) influences on this album, they come off as invasive to me and completely unnecessary.

Alisa is amazing, easily shaping up to be my favorite track of the year.

As for Sun God, I love it at first, but after about 5 minutes it becomes the same thing over and over and over again, and I do find myself checking the time left on the track, anxious for it to be over.

That was a good one Impy.

Anyways, I just finished listening to it again, I still hear the influence in a few tracks, but if no one else hears it that's fine.

I hear a bit of Animal Collective in some of the synths and percussion. I'm midway through my first listen.

What does hearing Animal Collective mean, that you hear synths? I guess I don't associate a synthesizer with Animal Collective, is all.

I'd call Sun Airway's album from last year Animal Collective influenced, but not this.

It's those trippy layered vocals I'm mostly referring to. Like at the end of "Where I'm Going".

This album is getting more and more enjoyable for me with long-term repeated listens.

Even the irritating songs (Revolution) morph into something lovely by the end of the track. :up:

Saw them last night with U2BROTHR. It was a good show, although only 14 songs or so. Also, and this is obviously not their fault, we arrived a bit too late (last song of Holy Ghost's set) and it was PACKED so the closest we could really comfortably get was to the rear of the soundboard. I'm used to being right up close and personal with bands, so it was a bit lesser of a vibe for me. But still alot of fun.

As for the music: they played the songs nearly perfectly, note for note from the album. That's not a bad thing per se, but on certain songs like Sun God etc, I think they could speed them up a few BPMs to really capture that dance feeling. Similar to how I think U2 should've sped up Magnificent live. They certainly know how to recreate all those sounds with live instruments and synths, pretty impressive.

All in all a good show. :up:

Well, finally saw Cut Copy headline a home town gig after waiting a good two and a half years for such an occasion, and what a night it was.

At my favourite venue, the Palace Theatre, we managed to snare a possy on the middle level balcony so had a perfect view of the entire stage.. Perfect to immerse ourselves in the total Lights & Music show.

I'd had Corner Of The Sky in my head relentlessly that day (still do) and that didn't disappoint. The chorus and the oooh ooohs are entrenched in my head something shocking. The crowd was bouncing for Saturdays, Where I'm Going and Hearts on Fire especially. The spine tingled at the appropriate moments of Pharaohs & Pyramids (3 minute mark) and Out There On The Ice. Sun God got played in it's awesome entirety. Visions as the intro music into Nobody Lost, Nobody Found was a curious opener, but worked a treat.

Fourth wall was broken down a number of times, a very interactive gig with the boys really moving about the stage with some intensity. Few anticipated the second encore and when they bounced back on stage for one last song, all the exiting people swarmed back Into the venue to Feel The Love.

Here's the Melbourne setlist, 85% sure this is accurate, my only reservation is about the exact positioning of Hearts On Fire. Alisa and Unforgettable Season would have been welcome inclusions, but their absence didn't really detract from an exciting show:

Visions
Nobody Lost, Nobody Found
Where I'm Going
So Haunted
Corner Of The Sky
Lights & Music
Take Me Over
Saturdays
Pharaohs & Pyramids
Hearts On Fire
Sun God

Need You Now
Out There On The Ice

Feel The Love

Damn, I was gonna go to that gig, but I forgot about. FUCK. Looks like a decent set too, albeit very short? How long was the show?

I saw Ice Cube at the Palace, wasn't a big fan of the venue. I like how it's all GA though. Seeing Big Boi there in September. Can't fucking come soon enough.

Back
Top Bottom