Cure tour in Australia and then North America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muldfeld

Refugee
Cure tour for North America, while Auckland will be the only New Zealand show, according to http://www.chainofflowers.com. The tickets for Australia and New Zealand are on sale already:

SATURDAY 4TH AUGUST
CHALLENGE STADIUM
PERTH
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/

MONDAY 6TH AUGUST
ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE
ADELAIDE
http://www.ticketek.com.au/

WEDNESDAY 8TH AUGUST
ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE
BRISBANE

FRIDAY 10TH AUGUST
ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE
SYDNEY
http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/

SUNDAY 12TH AUGUST
ROD LAVER ARENA
MELBOURNE

The Cure Touring North America, Wrapping New CD
The Cure
June 22, 2007, 11:55 AM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.
With a new Suretone/Geffen album arriving sometime this fall, the Cure will hit the Road in North America for month-long tour beginning Sept. 13 in Tampa, Fla. Tickets begin going on sale June 28. 65 Days Of Static will open.

The Cure's present lineup is lead singer/guitarist Robert Smith, bassist Simon Gallup, drummer Jason Cooper and guitarist Porl Thompson. That incarnation is featured on the recent DVD "Festival 2005," taped during a run of summer 2005 European festivals.

The as-yet-untitled new album is the follow-up to a 2004 self-titled effort, which debuted at No. 7 on The Billboard 200.

Here are the Cure's tour dates:

Sept. 13: Tampa, Fla. (St. Pete Times Forum)
Sept. 15: Atlanta (Gwinnett Center)
Sept. 17: Charlotte, N.C. (Bobcats Arena)
Sept. 19: Fairfax, Va. (Patriot Center)
Sept. 21: Philadelphia (Wachovia Spectrum)
Sept. 23: New York (Madison Square Garden)
Sept. 25: Boston (Agganis Arena)
Sept. 26: Montreal (Bell Centre)
Sept. 27: Toronto (Air Canada Centre)
Sept. 29; Chicago (Allstate Arena)
Oct. 2: Morrison, Colo. (Red Rocks)
Oct. 4: Salt Lake City (E Center)
Oct. 6: Mountain View, Calif. (Shoreline Amphitheatre)
Oct. 8: Seattle (Key Arena)
Oct. 9: Vancouver (GM Place)
Oct. 11: Santa Barbara, Calif. (Santa Barbara Bowl)
Oct. 13: San Diego (Cox Arena)
Oct. 14: Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl)
Oct. 16: Houston (Toyota Center)
Oct. 17: Dallas (American Airlines Center)

Sorry, everyone. I'm still getting used to the confusing titles. I saw "music" under Lemonade Stand, so I posted it:

Anyway, the tour includes East Asia, too:
07-27 Fuji, Japan - Fuji Rock Festival
07-30 Hong Kong, China - Asia World Arena
08-01 Singapore, Singapore - Singapore Indoor Stadium
08-04 Perth, Australia - Challenge Stadium
08-06 Adelaide, Australia - Entertainment Centre
08-08 Brisbane, Australia - Entertainment Centre
08-10 Sydney, Australia - Entertainment Centre
08-12 Melbourne, Australia - Rod Laver Arena
09-13 Tampa, FL - St. Petersburg Times Forum *
09-15 Atlanta, GA - Gwinnett Civic Center *
09-17 Charlotte, NC - Charlotte Bobcats Arena *
09-19 Washington, DC - Patriot Center *
09-21 Philadelphia, PA - Wachovia Spectrum *
09-23 New York, NY - Madison Square Garden *
09-25 Boston, MA - Agganis Arena *
09-26 Montreal, Quebec - Bell Center *
09-27 Toronto, Ontario - Air Canada Centre *
09-29 Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena *
10-02 Denver, CO - Red Rocks Amphitheater *
10-04 Salt Lake City, UT - E Center *
10-06 Mountain View, CA - Shoreline Amphitheater (Download Festival) *
10-08 Seattle, WA - Key Arena *
10-09 Vancouver, British Columbia - General Motors Place *
10-11 Santa Barbara, CA - Santa Barbara Bowl *
10-13 San Diego, CA - Cox Arena *
10-14 Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl *
10-16 Houston, TX - Toyota Center *
10-17 Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center *

COBL_04 said:
Never been a fan. I wonder if Blink 182 will join them on stage to perform All of This with robert Smith. :hmm:
Okay, that was a sad collaboration. But, you see, they needed him for credibility just like that loser bass player from Fall Out Boy does by name-checking him, and Robert isn't snobbish enough to say no. So, Robert comes away from that clean. :)

I enjoy some songs and I'd think about going to the Melbourne show if it weren't so fucking expensive. I'm sure liamcool's going to kill me now.

Though are 65 Days Of Static opening the Aussie shows as well as the US ones?

yertle-the-turtle said:
Picked up my ticket today to see them on 1 Aug. :)

It cost $180 though. :(

Singapore, right? Is that a festival? If so, maybe that's why.
powerhour24 said:
What's the pricing for North America?
Don't know yet, but it shouldn't be too much, compared to U2. The last time I saw them they charged the minimum. Even if not, it WILL be worth it. I'd pay that much, and I'm a student -- granted with Daddy's money, but still.

Last edited:
If you shout... said:

It won't be worth it. Trust me.

I'd love to, but considering that you and Brau are the masters of hyperbole here, but at least while Brau's stuff isn't exactly earth shattering it's still pretty damn good, I'm not going to.

And Muldfield, no, it's not a festival. It's justthe standard going rate for a concert ticket here at the stadium (at least by a Western act), although it's still a bit on the high side.

If the pricing is decent I might go for it, I'm not a huge fan but it could push me in that direction, especially since outside of The Police I won't be seeing anything big later this year since all of my favorite big bands aren't around and all the smaller bands I've been getting into are off in Europe.

It also seems highly unlikley we'll see R.E.M. and Radiohead tour until next year, so a change of pace could tide me over.

yertle-the-turtle said:

I'd love to, but considering that you and Brau are the masters of hyperbole here, but at least while Brau's stuff isn't exactly earth shattering it's still pretty damn good, I'm not going to.

I don't understand this "sentence" at all, but I'm pretty sure that I see from where it is you're coming, and I (think that I) know what you mean. Perfectly placed hyperbole is indeed part of my general critical discourse, whether filmic, cultural, or musical. There's a time and a place--one such time/place is any time or place during or at which The Hold Steady is being discussed; another is here and now, when we're talking about the abortion--once a band--we still inexplicably call The Cure.

At any rate, I indeed saw The Cure in the summer of 2004 (I mean, they're one of my ten favorite bands of all time), and it was even more radical a drop-off than their last few tours had been, relative to those which preceded them. It was a sad, sad, sad evening, with hefty doses of overweight embarrassment, and I left it no longer able to call myself a present-day Cure fan.

Previous awful albums (Bloodflowers and Wild Mood Swings) had been supported by at least alternately inspired tours, but The Cure and Curiosa managed somehow to transform themselves into an untamed, shit-powered beast of outrageously bad, bland, and boring music. I'd never seen a performer--a frontman, no less!--yawn during a concert until that evening.

I have nothing against, say, the entire corpus which now is The Cure, but $180...? For this incarnation...?

Yeah. It won't be worth it. Trust me. I'm avoiding Fuji Rock like the plague, when it hits Japan, this summer, and I'm a smart man for doing so.

Well I don't get to see many concerts, owing to my location, so I'm willing to spend the money to get a standing place and generally have a good time hearing songs that I love and that I've never heard live before.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Well I don't get to see many concerts, owing to my location, so I'm willing to spend the money to get a standing place and generally have a good time hearing songs that I love and that I've never heard live before.

I second that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and at the moment im taking all the concerts i can get to try to fill the u2 void .

ps, i paid $150 AU for my ticks.. blergh.

Prices seem to be cheap at least for North America. This just in from http://www.chainofflowers.com:

As Billboard reported yesterday, at least some of the US tickets will be going on sale June 28th. First confirmation of this comes from the Madison Square Garden website. The MSG tickets go on sale June 28th at 9am. Ticket prices are $45-$75.

Live Nation will have a pre-sale for the Mountain View, Ca. (Download Festival) show starting on July 18th at 10am and ending on July 20th at 10pm.

IN THE INTERESTS OF HARDCORE CURE FANS, IF YOU SCALP, MAY YOU DIE. ALSO, TO BELLWEATHER FANS, THERE MAY BE SOME HITS, BUT THERE'LL BE LOTS OF HARDER STUFF BECAUSE THE CURE TEND TO PLAY 3 HOURS, SO MAYBE LISTEN TO SOME MORE OBSCURE STUFF IN PREPARATION, SO YOU'RE NOT BORED. The Cure put on the kinds of concerts U2 fans wish U2 would do. They usually don't try to only play hits but emphasize their best work, single or non-single. SO BE WARNED. AGAIN, DEATH TO SCALPERS!

Last edited:
Got my tix :) Saw them the last time they played Oz (about 6 years ago?) and they did all their back catalogue, by the time they got to "Play for Today" I was thinking I was the only one in the Ent Centre who was still awake :wink: but I loved it. Looking forward to more of the same (hey it works for U2!)

blueeyedgirl said:
Got my tix :) Saw them the last time they played Oz (about 6 years ago?) and they did all their back catalogue, by the time they got to "Play for Today" I was thinking I was the only one in the Ent Centre who was still awake :wink: but I loved it. Looking forward to more of the same (hey it works for U2!)
I'm not a fan of the singles live, though I absolutely love them on the album, but casual fans seem to prefer the singles only feel alive during those. The difference is that in North America The Cure need them to fill out venues but U2 encourages too many who are bored by unfamiliar songs like Zoo Station or The Fly. Regarding the Cure concert, I can't wait for those longer, non-single passionate songs! If you're not going to a festival, there should be plenty of surprises. Hope you have a good time! Sorry, if I'm ignorant, but where's Oz?

snowbunny00774 said:
is that the one where you have to take the yellow brick road? :hmm:
I know! That's what I kept thinking...

blueeyedgirl said:
Where's Oz??!!!!!!:shocked: (hintette, the first part of the title of this thread :wink: )
So, Oz is a province or something in Australia or a city? (Don't wanna research it; just making conversation.)

Back
Top Bottom