crowded house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Though, jeez, that's as expensive as seeing U2. Hopefully I'll be able to find tickets closer to the gig, because it's not happening right now, but I'll mark it on my calendar.

one new zealand date and it's at the town hall - can't say i'm upset about not really being able to afford to go, tbh.

No idea what you're talking about - the Town Hall is quite possibly the nicest venue I've ever been to. Gorgeous setting with good sound; shame the organisation of the staff was woeful but it wasn't a big deal as soon as the band were on the stage.

And holy shit, what a gig. The band were in fine form and really put on quite the show. Apparently it was filmed for a "very special DVD"; maybe some sort of bonus to go with the new album? They were also taking promo photos and so forth. Highlight of the night was the most intense, electrifying Private Universe I've ever seen, closely followed by very effective use of the Town Hall's massive organ for Don't Dream It's Over. I'd go on but I'll spare everybody the essay.

The setlist:

1. Mean To Me
2. Saturday Sun
3. I Love You Dawn (snippet) / Fall At Your Feet
4. Don't Stop Now
5. Amsterdam
6. Either Side Of The World
7. Four Seasons In One Day
8. Message To My Girl
9. Twice If You're Lucky
10. When You Come
11. Isolation
12. Inside Out
13. Whispers And Moans
14. Falling Dove
15. Distant Sun
16. Archer's Arrows (I think?)
17. Private Universe

18. Fingers Of Love
19. Elephants (I think?)
20. Weather With You
21. World Where You Live
22. Don't Dream It's Over

while trying to see if someone had uploaded a copy of the album cover, i found a photo of neil screwing in an invisible light bulb:
02187011.jpg

he's even squinting his eyes because he forgot to turn off the light first.

Alas, they hit NYC the same week U2 does (their first date IS the same date as U2's show), so I will have to give them a pass this time...:sad:

Thanks, Lila, for the article.

As such, Finn says the new album Intriguer, due for release in June, is the first true Crowded House album in its new form and banishes any notions of nostalgia.

From the couple new songs I've heard ("Isolation" thanks to a live CD a friend sent me last year, and "Saturday Sun"), I can believe that. There definitely is more of a band feel. That was the main thing about the last album that I thought was a bit awkward, it just felt so half solo and half band. This one, not so much. Although "Saturday Sun" does musically remind me a bit of something else from some early '90s band, but I can't think of what.

Anywho, very excited about the prospect of new Crowded House music-I'll keep a lookout come the summer (hopefully I'll be able to find it in the stores in my town). Unfortunately the closest it looks they'll come touring-wise to me right now is Chicago, though, so wah :(. Bit of good news, bit of bad news.

And that new moustache on Neil is...interesting. Hm.

Angela

added us release date (july 12). also, i wasn't going to bother adding tv appearance dates to the first page, but they will be on jools holland. the date will most likely be may 11.

And that new moustache on Neil is...interesting. Hm.Angela

That's a real moustache? Yikes! I thought that was just a picture of him that someone drew a moustache on for a joke.

Oh, well, who cares? The Crowdies are back! And they are playing the Twin Cities! I might must have to make plans for a Labor Day weekend outing up north.

That's a real moustache? Yikes! I thought that was just a picture of him that someone drew a moustache on for a joke.

As I understand it, it is. In fact I just got a notification on Facebook from one of my friends (frenz)-guess there's a petition going around you can sign asking him to get rid of it :p.

Oh, well, who cares? The Crowdies are back! And they are playing the Twin Cities! I might must have to make plans for a Labor Day weekend outing up north.

They are? Oooooooooh...

*Thinks to self: I've got a friend who now lives in Minneapolis. Crowded House will be there later this year, as will another band I love. Hmmmmm...*

If I can scrape together the funds, this coming fall will be very, very good to me :yes:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom