Coldplay - LP7: A Head Full of Dreams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Come on... You're not naive. CP knew this song was being asked for and had this planned. And yes, U2 has done the same thing, they've played "audience request" before, they've played a 'rarity' song pretending like it's completely spontaneous.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Didn't u2 play in gods country in Phoenix last year at the request of the jumping guy with the guitar? I think that one wasn't planned :D

I'd have a hard time choosing a favorite but Life in Technicolor, Death and All His Friends, Lovers in Japan, Till Kingdom Come. Those are some of my favorites that come to mind.

Trouble is way up there for me these days. That piano line is possibly my favorite moment of their career.

Last edited:
For me it's gotta be Lovers In Japan, In My Place, A Rush of Blood to the Head, Violet Hill, Strawberry Swing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trouble is way up there for me these days. That piano line is possibly my favorite moment of their career.

I LOVE the piano in that song. So gorgeous. That one and "In My Place" (another favorite-love the guitar in it) are just so relaxing, musically speaking. Like a nice warm bath.

"The Scientist" is my favorite Coldplay song. I just can't ever tire of it. But I also agree on "A Rush of Blood...", and also love "God Put a Smile...", "Talk", "Violet Hill", "Amsterdam", "The Hardest Part", to name a few more...

I also REALLY like "Yes". There isn't a song off Viva La Vida I don't like, though, really.

As the years go by, my appreciation of Parachutes grows. I've always liked it, but it's become a more poignant statement for me because it's like listening to a completely different band than the one they are now. Stuff like Don't Panic, Shiver, Spies, etc, employs a subtlety that they seem to shun nowadays.

Also, Politik might be my favorite CP track. I love the ending when the keyboards pick up and go into full gear. Really dramatic stuff, especially the live version on that 2003 live record.

Love the second part of Death And All His Friends as well, the guitar riff and the vocal refrain.

^hell yes on Death and All His Friends.

Parachutes will always be my #1. Love Trouble. But I think Sparks is a song that doesn't get enough love. Would be in my top five or so.

I also REALLY like "Yes". There isn't a song off Viva La Vida I don't like, though, really.

One of my favorites. Viva La Vida is such a fantastic album. Lost!, 42, Lovers in Japan are also amazing tracks. It really feels like the wheels somehow fell off after that record. They can still write some decent material but nowhere near the same level.

Seems like "Don't Panic" is a favorite here. Do you guys prefer the original version or the Parachutes version?
Personally, I love both but slightly prefer the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never been hugely into Coldplay but add me to the Viva la Vida bandwagon.

If the latest setlists didn't have 7 songs from Ahfod and 1 from Viva la Vida, I might've been slightly tempted to go but yeah nah...

Does anybody else think the song a head full of dreams sounds like one tree Hill? Or am I just going mad??

Sent from my SM-G935F using U2 Interference mobile app

It was bugging me all day as to what it reminded me of,just the first minute or so.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using U2 Interference mobile app

It's been bugging me for a while. It's very U2-ish.
I get sort of an Ultra Violet vibe, little bit of Salome.
And actually now that I hear it, I do get a One Tree Hill vibe for that first minute or so.

Last edited:
LOL @ tickets going on sale 11 months ahead of time.

Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit.

One thing I think Coldplay does right that U2 doesn't is play arenas and stadiums simultaneously. Can't fill a stadium in Columbus, Ohio? No problem, just fill an arena instead, and walk away with another $1.7m to add to the tour gross (in Coldplays case).

U2 had a bad experience doing this on the Joshua Tree tour, and never did it again. Could've saved them a lot of time in the Vertigo tour, for example. Take Boston; U2 played 7 shows there in 2005. Could've done 2 shows at Gillette stadium, played to more people, made more money, and they could've used those extra days to play arenas in cities that didn't get shows, or take a few days off. It's not just Coldplay who does this, either.

One thing I think Coldplay does right that U2 doesn't is play arenas and stadiums simultaneously. Can't fill a stadium in Columbus, Ohio? No problem, just fill an arena instead, and walk away with another $1.7m to add to the tour gross (in Coldplays case).

U2 had a bad experience doing this on the Joshua Tree tour, and never did it again. Could've saved them a lot of time in the Vertigo tour, for example. Take Boston; U2 played 7 shows there in 2005. Could've done 2 shows at Gillette stadium, played to more people, made more money, and they could've used those extra days to play arenas in cities that didn't get shows, or take a few days off. It's not just Coldplay who does this, either.

Why did they have a bad experience doing that on the JT tour?

I think you're right, problem is how they design their staging, some won't be able to go back and forth.

Why did they have a bad experience doing that on the JT tour?

I think you're right, problem is how they design their staging, some won't be able to go back and forth.

I believe it was U2 by U2 where Paul McGuinness said that touring with an arena and stadium stage at the same time was a logistical nightmare, and that they would never do it again. And for the most part, they haven't. Not sure what was so difficult, considering neither stage had much going for it in the ways of production. Must've been bad, whatever it was. But many other bands have done it that ways over the years. Coldplay, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Rolling Stones, ACDC, The Police, Roger Waters, etc.

Back
Top Bottom