Coldplay: Chris Martin And His Xylo Toes - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Dougy usually pours a bottle of water on his drum during Drum Song and if the lighting matches up with the song properly it'l be during some intense flickering which will play tricks on your eyes and you'll see still frame images of the water not moving in the air, it's really cool.

Latin American tour dates announced for February 2013...this is how they ended their Viva La Vida Tour back in 2010, so I think this is how the Mylo Xyloto Tour will end. Looks like they're going to skip my area, again, for now. :( Need to win the lottery so I can fly to Brazil, Argentina, Chile or Mexico. :wink:

February 5 - Sao Paulo, Brazil - Estadio do Morumbi
February 7 - Porto Alegre, Brazil - Estadio do Zequinha
February 9 - La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina - Estadio Unico de La Plata
February 12 - Santiago, Chile - Estadio Nacional de Chile
February 15 - Mexico City, Mexico - Foro Sol
February 18 - Guadalajara, Mexico - Estadio 3 de Marzo
February 19 - Monterrey, Mexico - Estadio Universitario

Coldplay: News - Feb 2013 Latin America tour announced!

Has been postponed only 3 after the announcement. No rescheduled dates so far. Seems like a strange thing to do, but luckily no tickets had gone on sale yet. I seriously doubt that it's anything serious, otherwise they'd have cancelled their Australian dates and upcoming US shows as well. Probably something logistical or business related.

I bet some of it was paid for by the film production, a lot through Twitter who was all over the bands, and the company who introduced it was trying to market them big time if you visit their site. They're trying to make it more than just a Coldplay thing.

Yup. It's called Atlas.

And this is still one of the worst and most disgusting thread titles I've ever seen.

I think Major Minus was the only song I really could say I liked on that album.

It doesn't have anything close to the pop-cultural reach, but that's the danger of comparing a new entity to anything that's been around long enough to draw "classic" status.

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall is a well crafted and memorable song that still sees a lot of play on my CD Player and iPod. I was hooked on it from day one and for me is one of the bands best songs.

Between Only Superstition, Such a Rush, Don't Panic, High Speed, Politik and Strawberry Swing for me.

Fuck, I hadn't even heard of those first two, now I'm downloading their early EPs.

Parachutes remains my favourite album of theirs, and by a pretty wide margin. I always love listening to Don't Panic, it sounds so effortless and it's short and quiet... very different from Teardrop, much as I came to like that song.

Their early EPs are great, No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground which was the b-side to Yellow is also very much worth a look.

Their early EPs are great, No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground which was the b-side to Yellow is also very much worth a look.

That is a solid B-Side. I enjoy their E.P.'s too but view them as a warm up exercise for the impressive "Parachutes" album. I remember buying it early on and seeing Coldplay at a small venue in Vancouver, Canada for that tour. I became a fan right there and have always felt Chris Martin & Co carry some of the U2 mantle but not the trophies on it !

Top Ten Coldplay Songs:

#1. Violet Hill
#2. Death And All His Friends
#3. Don't Panic
#4. Politik
#5. Talk
#6. Lost
#7. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
#8. Warning Sign
#9. Sparks
#10. The Scientist

Viva La Vida was a high point for me through Eno production but so was A Rush Of Blood To The Head too for sheer song writing skill shown by the then young band.

The comparison between U2 and Coldplay are obvious but Coldplay are U2/Radiohead lite.

What? TJT had three highly successful singles with a fourth that saw some success, as did MX. That's the only comparison I drew.

There have been many, many albums with the same kind of chart success. And TJT actually had 4 songs crack the top 50 in the US, whereas MX only had 3 that charted.

Don't Panic is the best. Closely followed by A Rush of Blood to the Head.

My favorite on MX is Hurts Like Heaven. Always makes me feel good.

Interesting that "Don't Panic" is track 1 of their first LP, and for some of you it is their best song. I can't think of any other band where that would be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom